Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Winter Storm Warning EWR: CAL pilots take a pay cut again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100/hour/5y

With the new passenger bill of rights it’s cheaper at CAL to cancel flights then to risk the huge fines during storms. At CAL, if flights CX more than 24hrs out pilots don’t get paid… less then 24hrs out you get RX days… IE you get to sit on Reserve in EWR as a line holder.
During the last storm I lost 16hrs of pay… I could have had 3 RX days for 8:15hrs of pay for sitting reserve in EWR… F That!

Lesson learned… I saw the forecast this morning and it made me sick thinking about…. Problem solved…

It’s time to wake up at CAL… stop flying 95hr+ lines… Most EWR 756FO’s have 5 Europe trips in MARCH… great 15 days but 5 crossing! Just wait until summer, 6 crossings down below 50%

CAL sucks… Call in sick this week, if you are sick of it like me!

On the flip side of the coin, one should not be paid to sit at home picking his nose.

Wow.... It's attitudes like that that has this so called career in the toilet today.

I have no problem with that if they pay me for ALL of the time I work. You know proofreading the releases, preflights, MX, airport sits on company time, rides to and from the hotel. Essentially anytime the company has control of where I am or what I am doing.

Can't think of another job that you show up for where you do the bulk of the work before and after you are actually getting paid.

Wow.... It's attitudes like that that has this so called career in the toilet today.

I have no problem with that if they pay me for ALL of the time I work. You know proofreading the releases, preflights, MX, airport sits on company time, rides to and from the hotel. Essentially anytime the company has control of where I am or what I am doing.

Can't think of another job that you show up for where you do the bulk of the work before and after you are actually getting paid.

And its attitudes like yours that are bankrupting our employers.

flamebait.....

Latest resources

Back