Williams Gateway Airport Flight Patterns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sqwkvfr said:
those noisy little scooters with the chainsaw motors on 'em.

I hate those things, they have to be the biggest noise polluters ever made. There is nothing more annoying than sitting out on the patio, enjoying a nice cool Guinness, watching the big iron flying overhead only to the 2 stroke scooter engines, minutes before you see it drive by.

GulfstreamSDL said:
.. just like they blew millions on a new stadium for the worst team in the NFL.

Don't forget the billion or so for 'Light Rail' !!

Philso said:
Don't forget the billion or so for 'Light Rail' !!
Oh, no. It was FAR more than one billion.

Even after that super-expensive piece of (*&$ is built, I'll still be sitting in traffic on the 60 or the 10NB from Chandler Blvd in the morning. :mad:

GulfstreamSDL said:
So what if IWA becomes commercial? The airport was here before a lot of the development out here. Where else is the traffic gonna go once PHX gets too busy?...Nice big 'ol airport out here that's capable. Let the state be stupid and waste money on a new, unnecessary airport somewhere, just like they blew millions on a new stadium for the worst team in the NFL.

Its not even that loud...chill out

Don't tell me you're talking about the Bengals. Arizona paid money to build the Bengals a new stadium??????!!!!!!!!

Cardinals rule!!! Particularly this year. You are a MuttBunch.

EngineOut said:
You are a MuttBunch.

ok :rolleyes:

Philso said:
I hate those things, they have to be the biggest noise polluters ever made.

(possible thread hijack alert):
Yeah those are kinda annoying (especially living on campus, a half mile from the dog-gon runway). ATSI has stopped operations in the last month or so...maybe cuz its too hot(???). I know our planes are grounded at 110*F or so. Thats fine though, no 7AM wakeup calls from 4 scooters :) Listening to them over the radio is just as annoying - sounds like they're talking to tower through a Cambell's soup can.

Honestly what did you expect? no noise! That far from the airport the A/C are a couple thousand feet AGL , how bad can it be? It has to be better than the smell of horse manure out there. I heard Tombstone is nice.

klingon67 said:
Honestly what did you expect? no noise! That far from the airport the A/C are a couple thousand feet AGL , how bad can it be? It has to be better than the smell of horse manure out there. I heard Tombstone is nice.

Well, since I like horses, I don't have a problem, although I have not smelled any horse manure out here! :)

Now, as to what I expected. When you read a public report when buying a house, and you ask specifically if you are in a flight pattern, I expect to be told the truth.

How bad is the noise? Well, that depends on which aircraft is flying overhead. The fighter jets in formation screaming over the house is a little loud. Or the KC-135 (at least that is what I think it is) doing whatever training pattern they perform. There is another aircraft that I'm not sure what it is, but it is military (high wing, two or four prop engines), that flew VERY low over my house was a loud one.

The traffic now is not too bad. However, the reason for my post was to ascertain what the traffic COULD be like in the future. That is why I asked about the flight patterns and altitude.

Maybe a move to Tombstone is in my future, although I think that is pretty close to either Fort Huachuca or Davis-Monthan AFB! :)

Kathy

Latest resources

Back