Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Resume Writer

Hi Everyone,

Is there a website or a source that you can point me to that details the flight patterns in and out of Williams Gateway Airport? There was a recent article in the East Valley Tribune that they are wanting to get public support for commercial service.

I am curious as to what kind of traffic will be coming in and out of that airport. When I drove by yesterday, there was a 747 for Global Peace Ambassadors, so I figure the runway can handle anything. There is also a lot of traffic that is military, including fighters and KC-135 aircraft, in addition to MD-80s (I think) that are unmarked.

Now, I understand there are pros and cons to this. However, I moved out to Queen Creek to get OUT of the flight pattern of Sky Harbor. When I signed my public report for the house, the paperwork said that we were NOT in the flight pattern, but the jets over my house say different.

Please tell me I am not going to have to move to Globe to get away from the noise! :D

The City of Mesa is pushing hard for commercial service into Williams. They seem confident that they will have carriers operating there by the end of the year.

Here's a link to the approaches for IWA. Looking at my VFR chart, it looks like Queen Creek is just left of the final approach for the northwest runways (RWYs30).

Last edited:
sqwkvfr said:
The City of Mesa is pushing hard for commercial service into Williams. They seem confident that they will have carriers operating there by the end of the year.

I know - I read the article. What airlines are they looking at? Anyone know?

I am about 10 miles SE of the airport. What altitude are they at when they are that far away from landing? They seem to fly from the north to the south over us, go about 10 miles south, turn west and then go in for landing. Any guesses?

Sqwk - which .pdf am I supposed to look at on that link? I saw a runway diagram, but I do not know where you found the Queen Creek info.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Resume Writer said:
I know - I read the article. What airlines are they looking at? Anyone know?

I am about 10 miles SE of the airport. What altitude are they at when they are that far away from landing? They seem to fly from the north to the south over us, go about 10 miles south, turn west and then go in for landing. Any guesses?

Sqwk - which .pdf am I supposed to look at on that link? I saw a runway diagram, but I do not know where you found the Queen Creek info.

Thanks!
Check the ILS RWY 30C. Oh, and ir you're 10 miles SE of the airport, your RE agent lied to you when he told you that you're not in IWA's flight pattern.

Last edited:
You're right on....they go out a little ways, do a procedure turn (according to the approach plate, it it done at 4600ft, but pilots that have done it know that PHX approach usually has you do it at a lower altitude) and the head back toward the airport while descending to 3000ft where they fly level until interceping the glideslope (with probably happens right over your house) and then they begin to descend for landing.

I can see why you'd get tired of it.

Last edited:
Large planes have been going in/out there for years. City of Mesa and others have been talking expanding service out of there since the AirForce pulled out. With one of SkyHarbors arrival route right over the QueenCreek/SanTan mountain area, it would be hard not to notice "the plane ".
The good thing is regardless of the overhead flight patterns you could enjoy mulitple offers and sell for well over list price in todays hot phx real estate market.
I have a home in Ahwatukee/Foothills there are similar complaints about the flight patterns in/out of SkyHarbor.
Let me know if you want to sell....Queen Creek in a good investment.

8sm said:
Large planes have been going in/out there for years. City of Mesa and others have been talking expanding service out of there since the AirForce pulled out. With one of SkyHarbors arrival route right over the QueenCreek/SanTan mountain area, it would be hard not to notice "the plane ".
The good thing is regardless of the overhead flight patterns you could enjoy mulitple offers and sell for well over list price in todays hot phx real estate market.
I have a home in Ahwatukee/Foothills there are similar complaints about the flight patterns in/out of SkyHarbor.
Let me know if you want to sell....Queen Creek in a good investment.

I just moved out here! If you think I am going to pack and move all this crap again, you would be mistaken! :D

sqwkvfr said:
You're right on....they go out a little ways, do a procedure turn (according to the approach plate, it it done at 4600ft, but pilots that have done it know that PHX approach usually has you do it at a lower altitude) and the head back toward the airport while descending to 3000ft where they fly level until interceping the glideslope (with probably happens right over your house) and then they begin to descend for landing.

I can see why you'd get tired of it.

I do not think they are in the glide slope over my house. I am pretty far out in Queen Creek. They are still traveling south over my house, then they turn west before starting the descent.

Resume Writer said:
I do not think they are in the glide slope over my house. I am pretty far out in Queen Creek. They are still traveling south over my house, then they turn west before starting the descent.
Oh, so they're still getting vectored.....jeez, you are a long ways out there! I thought my humble abode at Riggs/Lindsay was remote.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back