Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Toolowflyer

hi all !

would like to get some infos, if Your airplane (medium up to GLEX) is legal to land and t/o on this privat strip, dry/wet.

3760ft x 76ft (1140m x 23m) PCN 14/R/C/X/U
SL, 30°, 4pax+400lb bag., fuel to fly 180nm after this landing, 70nm alternate + reserves.

we are operating a 900ex here, would be very interesting how other biz jets perform here - it´s a resort-runway.

thank´s a lot ! - Toolowflyer.

3760 foot runway? I say no way, no jet, no time!

Yes, it will fit ...

GV/G550 will do it FAR 91 Wet or Dry and will do it FAR 135 as long as it is dry. Here's the numbers:

FAR 91 FAR 135 Planning
TO Limit Weight 70,878 70,878

LDG Dist 2,255 2,255
LDG Dist We 2,593

1.666 Factored 3,758

Addl 15% Wet 4,465

TransMach

hi all !

would like to get some infos, if Your airplane (medium up to GLEX) is legal to land and t/o on this privat strip, dry/wet.

3760ft x 76ft (1140m x 23m) PCN 14/R/C/X/U
SL, 30°, 4pax+400lb bag., fuel to fly 180nm after this landing, 70nm alternate + reserves.

we are operating a 900ex here, would be very interesting how other biz jets perform here - it´s a resort-runway.

thank´s a lot ! - Toolowflyer.

better you than me. 5,000" minimum.

@ transmach, thank´s a lot for posting this data ! - incredible values for the G550...

...but also thank´s for the other replys, i can imagin (and respect) that not everybody is comfortable with this size of runway - others seeing it more like challange...

got data now for: G550, 900, 2000EX, GLEX and 604

more types are very much welcome !

- Toolowflyer

Taking a G550 into CRQ made me "more attentive" than usual. That "challenge" was sufficient.

If I wanted to test the limits of both the airplane and myself, I would have become a test pilot.

Just be cause you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

TC

Taking a G550 into CRQ made me "more attentive" than usual. That "challenge" was sufficient.

If I wanted to test the limits of both the airplane and myself, I would have become a test pilot.

Just be cause you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

TC

CRQ has 1100 more feet! I used to fly a Hawker in there and it was always "fun." Anyone who takes a large jet (or a small jet for that matter) into a 3700 foot strip is asking for trouble. Sure you can do it, the numbers say you can, but one hiccup and you are toast! Also, what kind of weight limits are there on that small strip? This sounds like a salesman trying to be a pilot.

Latest resources

Back