• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will YOUR jet fit in here ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really, give me his name and number and I will be happy to remove your fear of flying a Falcon 900EX/EAsy off of very appropriate and approved sized runways.

For Christ's sake I landed 727s on a runway that was less than 5,000 feet on a regular schedule.

If you cannot fly an aircraft to its capabilities, you need to go work at Taco Bell and leave flying real aircraft to the professionals.

By the way, you misspelled minimum. Figures.

Oh, one other point, it is not your aircraft, it belongs to your boss. You might want to remember that in the future, on your next job.

:p

I was wondering what ever happened to Maverick and Goose!

Did you have the nose wheel brake mod?

The nose wheel brake was not a modification, it was standard on all the 100s and the early 200s. Nearly all the nose wheel brakes have been removed. One of our 727s had the nose wheel brake when we first got the aircraft, however, it was removed. There is a video of a Northwest Airlines 727-200 doing a maximum performance landing only using the spoilers and full brakes to anti-skid with the nose wheel brake still on the aircraft. Shortly after the nose wheel contacts the runway smoke starts coming from the nose wheel, it was the first time the nose wheel brake had been used.

I was wondering what ever happened to Maverick and Goose!

So, you must believe that it is dangerous and reckless to operate an aircraft to it approved operational capabilities as specified by its operation and performance manuals? So Mr. Test Pilot, just what do you use in lieu of the FAA and Manufacturer's approved manuals? Is a 5,001 foot runway okay but a 4,999 foot runway not okay? :rolleyes:

Why can't we just have a rancorous debate about the otherworldly capabilities of the WSCOD?

I really couldn't be bothered replying to that guy.

But rest assured I have flown with a few like him.

Best thing to do is nod your head and agree with them...

Hopefully they will go away and leave you in peace.

Latest resources

Back