• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Terrorists Strike Aviation Again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Are terrorists likely to use aviation or another medium for another terrorist attack?

• Yes, aviation is the likely target.

Votes: 343 56.3%
  • No, terrorists will use other avenues.

Votes: 266 43.7%

• Total voters
Just heard on FoxNews that the TSA claims at least 3 plots against avaition have been broken up since the London Bombing plot. Supposedly not as sophisticated as the London plot though.

Who do you retaliate against?

I don't recall to many sleeper cell Nazi/Nippon groups killing thousands unannounced during WWII, do you?

This war, and it is a war, is against a system of beliefs which are not ours, we could live with that. The problem is they ARE dead set to kill, wound, mame anyone who does not believe the way they believe. So tough guy, how do you fight that?

you retailiate against the legitimate terrorists, not everybody who doesn't believe as you do.

I just get sick and tired of the 'turn the middle east into glass' crowd. it's a hateful, fearful, sophmoric reaction to a complex issue.

the problem is that judging by what I read here, we are turning into the same people that the islamic extrimists are....judgmental, hateful, and willing to do anything to exterminate the other side. if we keep on this path, we are them. we are taking away the moral high ground. if that's what we as a country want to do, then I guess that's what will happen. however, those are not the ideals upon which our country was founded.

nobody gives a crap what happened to the Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib. what they went through was far less severe than what our POWs and even our own troops went through in training. what everybody cares about is that we contradicted ourselves. we pretend to uphold standards that we expect the rest of the world to abide by, when we can't even do it ourselves. we think of ourselves as a shining light of democracy and freedom for the rest of the world to follow. then we do crap like that, and we come off with absolutely no credibility, and make the situation far worse in the process. to those that think the treatment at Abu Ghraib was just, then I would say that we should have changed the rules before we started. tell the rest of the world that we are going to use 'alternate methods of questioning' (read water boarding, etc), and let it be clear what we are going to do. let's change the laws to give less rights to those that believe in a different religion. we have become the people with whom we are fighting at this point, but hey.....at least we're not a bunch of hypocrites.

I guess that's my point....for those here that want to racially profile, bomb every brown person on the planet, kill 'em all and let god sort it out...great. just let's recognize who we have become, and change the laws. it's the hypocricy that's killing me. you can't have it both ways. the moral high ground is long gone, and we are not America anymore.

Terrorists are striking aviation every day.

Every day the Jonathan Ornstein and Dave Seigel show up to work is another score for terrorism.

Amen. Beat me to the punch. Terrorists have infiltrated the GAO's of just about every airline out there!

But in keeping OT, yup I think they'll try again.
Because we're too PC to have any hope in hell of fixing the problem decisively.

Bleeding Hearts= Bloody Corpses

I sure hope not.....getting rather tired of all the paranoia by the flying public.

We can't live in fear forever.

I used to be worried about it until our airline got the new M294's. Now the terrorists (or anyone trying to take over an aircraft) don't stand a chance.

Just heard on FoxNews that the TSA claims at least 3 plots against avaition have been broken up since the London Bombing plot. Supposedly not as sophisticated as the London plot though.
Your source alone makes me:puke: Fox news ? Are you kidding me. I'm not saying other are better but it's like get a sattelite and watch aljazzera on middle east issues and call it a FAIR AND BALANCE reporting.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Another thread necromancer strikes again!

So, if they DO strike, will they strike for better pay or schedule?

Will there be scab terrorists?

CE

Latest resources

Back