Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA reinterview after 6 months soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Splinter

Hello all, 1st post. I struck out the first time but I've read how I am in esteemed company. Question is this:

Will Southwest change from a 12 month wait to a 6 month wait anytime soon?

I hear that pilots without types are getting looks now with IP time, but what about those who want a second chance?

Chase, are you out there? Talk to me, Goose.

Splinter,

I haven't heard any discussion/rumor about shortening the wait between interviews down to 6 months or anything less than 1 year. I'm not in the know on that & while it could be changed in the future with the number of applications I hear that are on file there would appear to be an abundant number of pilots who have sufficient enough qualfications to continue to use 1 year as the benchmark with no reduction in quality whatsoever.

A year is a long time but in reality in the course of a 15/20/25 year career the extra year one (or even longer if multiple attempts are required) has to tread water is viewed by the folks I know who have had that same experience as a shorterm memory.....continue to use the year to improve oneself & work to make oneself more competitive & improve one's interviewing skills (if one believes one needs to)....come back the next time sounding & looking even better than before & the time will be well spent. Good luck on subsequent tries & thanks for your interest in Southwest.:beer:

Latest resources

Back