• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What, exactly, about the original post leads you all to believe that there is some nefarious motive behind it? Do any of you have any business experience with organizing the merger of two major corporations? Any idea of the business law, or tax law, or any other of a thousand other motives that could be driving it?

Better think this out, Gup....

My vote to extend seperate ops could be bought - for a price.

Gup

.......before you vote (which you may not have the opportunity in this case), I would highly encourage you and the SWA pilots to make sure the AAI pilots get the same pay from day one. It is in your best self-interest to do so. If you allow SWA to operate under two separate certificates for any lenght of time with separate work rules, pay, contract, etc., it would allow the company to expand the AAI operation at a cheaper rate, especially with the international, ETOPS and -700s.

That was one of the only things the APA did right during the TWA "event" was to demand equal pay from day one. It removed the whip-saw tool from the AMR hand. So, be careful how you handle your tool.....or don't put your tool in the company's hand.......or don't be a tool at the company.....hey this is your issue, work it out amongst yourselves! : )

Buena suerte con todo!

Corporate and 3 airlines. You just don't like what I'm saying because I'm a smartass and it cuts a little too close to home.

I'll withdraw. Really serves no purpose.

Gup

I luv it. Need a sense of humor and a thick skin to work at good old SWA.

.......before you vote (which you may not have the opportunity in this case), I would highly encourage you and the SWA pilots to make sure the AAI pilots get the same pay from day one. It is in your best self-interest to do so. If you allow SWA to operate under two separate certificates for any lenght of time with separate work rules, pay, contract, etc., it would allow the company to expand the AAI operation at a cheaper rate, especially with the international, ETOPS and -700s.

That was one of the only things the APA did right during the TWA "event" was to demand equal pay from day one. It removed the whip-saw tool from the AMR hand. So, be careful how you handle your tool.....or don't put your tool in the company's hand.......or don't be a tool at the company.....hey this is your issue, work it out amongst yourselves! : )

Buena suerte con todo!

Brother to many former legacy guys at SWA, It wont happen.

Jeff Helgeson;2072301 [COLOR=#0000ff said:
That was one of the only things the APA did right during the TWA "event" was to demand equal pay from day one. It removed the whip-saw tool from the AMR hand. [/COLOR]

How'd that work out for the TWA guys?

Gup

Yes agreed those TWA guys took it in the shorts. Thanks to their sacrifice you can expect relative seniority with the swa-AAI merger. Get ready to swing gear for me Gup.

Ok but you're buying...... and I get the girl flight attendants.

Oh. And I only swing gear with my right hand.

Gup

Somehow I doubt your M&A lawyer is telling your union leadership "Don't worry, federal law doesn't apply here. They can accept a staple or they're on the street"

Latest resources

Back