Will "Song" succeed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:
Boy you really have a chip on your shoulder. If you'd set it down for a couple of hours you might realize that "digging" the Delta pilots or any other pilots is of no real interest to me.

No chip, just the prowess of observation, and your statement above proves that you are either lying, or just don't remember your posts--another log on the fire for the pro age-60 debate. If the thread isn't about Delta pilots, you shouldn't bring it up. Of course, I'm sure the "moderator" won't put the hammer down on one of his buddies.

C

csmith said:
No chip, just the prowess of observation, and your statement above proves that you are either lying, or just don't remember your posts--another log on the fire for the pro age-60 debate. If the thread isn't about Delta pilots, you shouldn't bring it up.

Of course, I'm sure the "moderator" won't put the hammer down on one of his buddies.

C

The "moderator" won't put the hammer down on one of his buddies?

cssmith, I resent your assertion. I'm putting the hammer down on you. If you don't like what you see here, feel free to find a new place to rant. You have a lot of nerve to come on here and insult one of your hosts.

I did not take sides with surplus1's assertions on this thread. I also must say that he is not my "buddy", in fact I've never met him. I think he and I agree on some basic things but disagree on a lot too. Either way, you clearly show that you DO have a chip on your shoulder by lumping all Connection pilots into the same mainline hating group, and by insulting me. I guess it's guilt by association, right?
I work for ASA. We agreed to hire your furloughees with preference. My problem is with ALPA's policies, not you. I don't support a lawsuit.

This thread has turned away from my original post, and I'd like to see it turn away from the "jabs" both sides are giving and back to the original question. That's directed to everyone, including surplus and cssmith.

ifly4food said:
The "moderator" won't put the hammer down on one of his buddies?

cssmith, I resent your assertion. I'm putting the hammer down on you. If you don't like what you see here, feel free to find a new place to rant. You have a lot of nerve to come on here and insult one of your hosts.

I did not take sides with surplus1's assertions on this thread. I also must say that he is not my "buddy", in fact I've never met him. I think he and I agree on some basic things but disagree on a lot too. Either way, you clearly show that you DO have a chip on your shoulder by lumping all Connection pilots into the same mainline hating group, and by insulting me. I guess it's guilt by association, right?
I work for ASA. We agreed to hire your furloughees with preference. My problem is with ALPA's policies, not you. I don't support a lawsuit.

This thread has turned away from my original post, and I'd like to see it turn away from the "jabs" both sides are giving and back to the original question. That's directed to everyone, including surplus and cssmith.

This was my point in the first place. This thread straying from the original topic. Surplus initiated it. Nobody stops it. I'm sorry you are so offended by my point out the obvious. It seems to happen in every thread which gets anywhere near Delta. I know you have it in you because I've seen you do it with other threads, yet you seem to let this individual spout wherever and whenever, hence the "buddy" term. I am not ranting, nor have a chip. Just looking for "equal" moderating, or perhaps it's only "fair" moderating--<weak attempt at ALPA DFR humor>.

csmith said:
This was my point in the first place. This thread straying from the original topic. Surplus initiated it. Nobody stops it. I'm sorry you are so offended by my point out the obvious. It seems to happen in every thread which gets anywhere near Delta. I know you have it in you because I've seen you do it with other threads, yet you seem to let this individual spout wherever and whenever, hence the "buddy" term. I am not ranting, nor have a chip. Just looking for "equal" moderating, or perhaps it's only "fair" moderating--<weak attempt at ALPA DFR humor>.

I did get a chuckle out of your "DFR humor" ;)

You know my position because I just told you what it is.

If it makes you feel any better, while I occasionaly speak up on a Delta topic, I've learned not to moderate them because invariably, someone on one side or another will start screaming "censorship" and create an even bigger mess. I used to close them or erase them as soon as it went to the old RJDC rhetoric, but not anymore.
So if that doesn't meet your deffinition of "fair" moderating, then I can't help you. I have found it's most fair to practice no moderating on this issue. My previous statement was an expression of my disappointment with your crack about my being unfair, which I didn't appreciate. I accept your apology.

Now, can we please get back to a discussion of "Song" relevant to the original post?

I like Bobby's mention of Song Sung Blue.

Do you remember the old Delta commercial with the singing pilots and FA's? They could do a similar commercial for Song, indicating that the pilots will be paid less than other "Delta" pilots.

"Most of us weren't working
were tired of all this jerking
so now.......... we're working.................... for a Song....."

(big finish, pull back to shot of the airplane, FA's in a chorus line on the wing)

Last edited:
People want their Airline to
1. take off on time
2. take off on time
3. not be treated like crap.

If song can do that operating outta LGA in addition to the other places, they'll do well. thats a big if.

Latest resources

Back