Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Republic waive the age 23 for the 170?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

humblepilot9

Just interviewed and was curious if anyone has been put on the 170 below the age of 23. Also, what is the story on training in the 135/140/145...heard it stopped and all where going to the 170. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

as far as i know you must meet all req's to get onto 170. 145 training slowed due to mda/shuttle/republic mess but should pick up again shortly

when i was hired into chq they told me i had to be 23 (i was 20 at the time) b/c the sim was a level c and under their regs you had to meet ATP mins to qualify in the sim. (1500tt and 23, and all the other things too) wierd but true

FmrFreightDog said:
Under 23, they probably shouldn't even hire you.

Yet anoher arrogant FLighinfo d1ckhead spouts off his worthless opinion.

When I was 21 Chautauqua hired me to fly the Jetstream. (sigh) Boy i'd do anything to go back 10 years to that first day at Chautauqua knowing what I know now.

CAVOK69 said:
when i was hired into chq they told me i had to be 23 (i was 20 at the time) b/c the sim was a level c and under their regs you had to meet ATP mins to qualify in the sim. (1500tt and 23, and all the other things too) wierd but true

Do they let you bring your toys in the sim???;)

FurloughedAgain said:
(sigh) Boy i'd do anything to go back 10 years to that first day at (insert airline name here) knowing what I know now.

How many of us can say this? Whether it's 10 years, 5 years, 20 or 30.

CAVOK69 said:

The Avro sim at Mesaba is a Level C, and they have no such rule. The rule applies to taking your checkride in the simulator. If you meet ATP mins, you can take your checkride and do a LOFT in the sim, and be done. If you do not then you take 80% of your checkride in the sim, and 20% in the actual aircraft. It sounds like CHQ simply didnt want to conduct training outside the sim.

Latest resources

Back