• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Obama help or hurt Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of us understand that an Obama Presidency would be an unmitigated, colossal disaster for the economy (taxes)
Colossal disaster? Oh yea according to McCain the economy is sound. No problems here. Nothing to fix. But when the keys are handed over, I'm sure that faux news will be demanding he fix it now.

health care (hope you have a Snickers bar while you wait 9 months for your bypass),
Keep the blinders on. The Europeans have a much better health care than we do. They have stepped up to the plate and are accounting for current expenses of the system now. We simply created a system of shifting costs in the name of adding to corporate America's bottom line.

crime (disarm the victim pool),
Relax no one is going to take your gun. Even the republicans thought it was a good idea to cool off before selling you a hand gun.

foreign policy (nuclear Iran, resurgent and aggressive Russia),
Under the republicans, I believe a few other countries became nuclear powers. North Korea, India, Pakistan are the ones that come to mind. Not to mention the Iranian nuclear program has been around for the entire Bush administrations tour.

education (let's throw more money at failed schools),
Yes. Spending more time and money on our countries educational system is a total waste. We should take that money and give tax breaks for the wealthy. While we're at lets throw some money at the oil industry. Hell, lets pay farmers not to grow food. We could set up special interest groups to manipulate free markets and call it capitalism.

Last edited:
Most of us understand that an Obama Presidency would be an unmitigated, colossal disaster for the economy (taxes), free speech (so-called Fairness Doctrine), health care (hope you have a Snickers bar while you wait 9 months for your bypass), crime (disarm the victim pool), foreign policy (nuclear Iran, resurgent and aggressive Russia), education (let's throw more money at failed schools), etc. etc.

I'm not going to say any more than this but, You are saying if Obama gets elected its all going to get WORSE than it is now?

I am voting for Obama. Come January '09, he will be sworn in as our next President. By summer time, we will be out of Iraq. Gas will be at $1.39/gallon. My house will be worth 2.5 million dollars. The stock market will be thru the roof. And every average Joe will be able to afford to fly on NJs. Life will be great.

But really.....you guys that want to waste a vote on Ron Paul or Barr, its your vote. But a waste of a vote at that. And isnt Ron Paul (73) older than McCain (72). Not sure if Ron Pauls mom is still above ground, but McCains mom is 95 and going strong.

McCain for 4 yrs, then Palin for the next 8 yrs.

Sorry Hillary.

Increasing taxes for your customers (most non-corporation fractional customers will easily surpass $250K per year) will never be a good thing. They use part of their discretionary income/cash to buy their shares or their Marquis cards, etc.

Plus, Obama will make it more difficult for small business owners to succeed if they have to pay more for employee health care benefits (rightly or wrongly) and these small business owners could be future share owners. It just leaves less money in the tank for discretionary purposes. I would say that operators like Avantair would be hurt more because their average customers make less money than the "average" Netjets customer who can afford to pay more taxes. It's those people on the fringe who I would worry about most.

Vote Obama if you want higher taxes, more bureaucracy (layers of people) and vague promises that sound great without much detail... McCain will lower taxes and cut spending so that we all have more coin in our pockets to spend - that's a better idea in my book.

Both McCain and Obama are not offering any fiscal responsibility whatsoever. McCain promises perpetually low or lower taxes while funding this merely with earmarks cuts. Obama, on the other hand, promises the biggest buildup of government since Johnson, as well as redistribution from the top 2% to the remaining 98% (and mostly to the lowest 20% or so), all apparently merely by reinstating some taxes on the top few. So, sadly, selecting the best guy comes down to other factors. Who just might control spending and work out a devil's deal with a Dem-controlled Congress over entitlements, which is the disaster facing the country?

I'll go with someone with a proven record of not being afraid to enrage some within his own party, and of horse trading with the other party, and who will be in a credible position to threaten vetos. Obama has never once broken with his party, and has pandered at every step- e.g. corn ethanol, which is a joke from an energy standpoint. McCain has pandered like mad lately in this campaign but the fact remains it is he, not Obama, who has the history in office of standing up to his own party, so once in office I see him as a far more credible bipartisan dealmaker.

Now, Warren for his part is rumored to favor Obama, but he certainly hasn't endorsed him. I see Obama as inevitable given the timing of the current credit crises' (more shocks in the next two months for sure), so I am hoping and praying that Obama will do the completely unexpected and abandon his liberal impulses and actually turn into a solid centrist, which is what I suppose Warren believes.

Last edited:
Yes. Spending more time and money on our countries educational system is a total waste. We should take that money and give tax breaks for the wealthy. While we're at lets throw some money at the oil industry. Hell, lets pay farmers not to grow food. We could set up special interest groups to manipulate free markets and call it capitalism.

Why don't you try making an argument without getting all emotional??? Gutshot made valid points that I guess you don't like so you start making emotional pleas and even drag the oil industry into it.

Totally funny post though.

Keep the blinders on. The Europeans have a much better health care than we do. They have stepped up to the plate and are accounting for current expenses of the system now. We simply created a system of shifting costs in the name of adding to corporate America's bottom line.

I could peck away at each of your statements but I will limit myself to just this this one.

My best friend's father is a retired physician with the National Health Service in Northern Ireland. When he had his heart attack, do you know how long he had to wait for his triple bypass? That's right. Nine months. The fact that he survived that long is a testament to the man's fortitude, not the quality of care.

If you want government run health care, knock yourself out and move across the pond. Frankly, I'd rather not give the same folks responsible for Amtrack, the Post Office, and Walter Reed control over 1/5th of this country's GDP.

Republicans have f'ed this place up but good.

Bush craps on the constitution, Chenney lies and steals power, the whole administration is criminal, the Iraq war is crazy, building 7 has no answer, Valerie Plame is outed, your phone is tapped, Bush is stupid, Colon Powel quit cause he was lied to, Generals have quit due to the same, stimulus packages are a joke, China owns us, we pay OVER 300 BILLION a year on just interest!, and I'm mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.

When Clinton was in office my life was great, I was a junior Captain on the fast track at a rapidly growing regional, I made more money than ever and the future looked bright. Now I can't imagine how this is gonna turn out and I blame Bush and the Republicans.

Vote for Obama or life as you know it will...continue.

Now, Warren for his part is rumored to favor Obama, but he certainly hasn't endorsed him. I see Obama as inevitable given the timing of the current credit crises' (more shocks in the next two months for sure), so I am hoping and praying that Obama will do the completely unexpected and abandon his liberal impulses and actually turn into a solid centrist, which is what I suppose Warren believes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2008051...80519163709;_ylt=AoMZ0By0QIhdx_88YO8En7Fh24cA Warren Buffet has indeed endorsed Barak. This article is from all the way back in May. A quick search yielded a more recent article on FOXnews.com, but I didn't want to post it in case impressionable young children are looking over your shoulder and come away with the idea the FOX news is a legitimate news source.

Latest resources

Back