• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Delta pilots protect ASA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe we'd have a different MEC now if there were better options than the J-5 that were going to roll over on the contract. I hope there are good options in the future, not just more of the same as last time.

The revisionist history is amusing...The ASA Coalition wasn't running on a platform of "rolling over on the contract". The "No Pilot Left Behind" coalition spun it that way and you apparantly bought into it.

Go back and look at the platform for what was promised in the contract by the ASA coalition...It was about what we have now. Only difference is a promise of better scope with Skywest.

At the time, there were 4 sections that we were still holding out for that were totally unreasonable given the industry standard. All 4 of these items were finally conceded by ALPA and we got a TA. The 4 areas the current group was holding out for where:

1. Big raises on the 700
2. Instructor section status quo
3. B fund retirement plan
4. 100% retro

Holding out for those big ticket items, dragged the contract out longer than necessary...

Wheren't you a big supporter of the current group? What happened? You got your "hardline group" elected....

I've heard some interesting rumblings about who's running in the upcoming elections- including DU. I thought he was out on medical leave- would he still be eligible to run? I've got a lot of respect for DU, comes accross as a very level headed guy with the big picture. I'd like to see him make a go at MEC chair. Can someone clarify on his eligibility though?

If the MEC believes this:

1. They are far too trusting of the Delta MEC...They will sell us out in a heartbeat!

2. How would the Delta MEC even pull this off if you are gullible enough to believe they would negotiate something for us....They won't have a new contract for at least 5 years.

3. How does this help us attract new business outside of Delta?

I suspect the ASA MEC is trying to find political cover for their stonewalling on the PBS negotiations....

I think the MEC is going to try to use this DAL stuff to hold on to their MEC positions. I can hear it now. We have been working with LM and the DAL MEC to protect the ASA pilots and the current MEC can pull it off ONLY if we are still in office.

JumpersAway,

I believe most pilots would agree with you. We don't need to "hope" that our next MEC recognizes this....We have the ability to choose 4 people who do think this way...Forget "hoping"...It's time to act!

I think it's already in motion. I got an email the other day to nominate 4 specific people. And it wasn't the current people.

And LM plans to run for Prater's position, but can't win without ASA and CMR's votes. Expect lots of promises to be made and then reneged on right after the election.

Hey, I agree with BOX OFFICE for once!

The revisionist history is amusing...The ASA Coalition wasn't running on a platform of "rolling over on the contract". The "No Pilot Left Behind" coalition spun it that way and you apparantly bought into it.

The "Jackson 5" coalition was running a 90-day TA promise, if I remember right. The only way to guarantee a TA in 90 days is to roll over. Good spin, though, Joey.

Wow, a guy in a double breasted suit speaks and his word is as valuable as gold.
DALPA can't say who flies for them and no way would DAL management agree to put that clause in the contract. If they were that insane, that would keep them from using the cheapest bidder.

I think the MEC is going to try to use this DAL stuff to hold on to their MEC positions. I can hear it now. We have been working with LM and the DAL MEC to protect the ASA pilots and the current MEC can pull it off ONLY if we are still in office.

Do you really think many pilots would buy that?

Latest resources

Back