• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Delta pilots protect ASA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DALPA could have changed history if they would have supported Comair during the strike. I mean really changed history and the direction of the airlines and our careers.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It sounds like you get your history from the rjdc website!

They didn't and they won't support any regional today, plain and simple. They suck but they will inivte you to the pizza party to say that we're all in this together. Those guys will throw all of us under the bus. If you believe anything ALPA says, the ocean front property in ??? is for sale!!!!
Aaw come on budd, DALPA will give cmr the same support they gave the Delta pilots when they (Delta) had pilots on furlough!

If you support ALPA, I would ask again did DALPA quit flying to support Comair????? NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!
Um, ever hear of a simple law called the RLA? It might be worth looking up!;)

They could have changed all of this like Comair guys hoped to, and they left those guys hanging from the cliff.
Yeah, when cmr was purchased, DALPA should have just let these guys come in and taken a spot on the seniority list wherever those comair guys wanted!

So now it's a free for all and DALPA guys are all confy with their cushy jobs and could give a rats ass about where they came from or more importantly , YOU!!!!
No, DALPA could give a rats ass about YOU budd!
Why weren't you making this much of a stink in 2001 when the flying was given away from DALPA? When DALPA had guys on furlough, where was all this noise then?
It sucks, but it sucks worse to be you!

Do you really think anyone still gives a rat's skinny as what the heck you think, Gen?

-Sad.

Come on GenLea,737plyt,Scope...what ever your name is this minute...

Don't be so truculent. It shows your low class.

Hi hobit/crj567/tanker clown, or whatever name is this minute.

It would be YOU'RE low class. Like you, troll!
You can take the kid out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter out of the kid.
Back to class junior, recess is over!

I LOVE the way Gen thinks that I am pretty much anyone who disagrees with him. This man's dementia keeps getting more and more entertaining!!

-I am replicating!
-That creak in your attic is ME, Gen!
-That gust of wind that scares the crap our of your cat-ME!
-That driver you could have sworn was following you to the gay adult video shop-ME!
-I am your backache, your hay fever, your painful bunion!
-That little rash which just won't clear up-ME!
-The creepy dancing baby in your microwave? You guessed it-ME!

-I am the sole source of all your worries, I am the flaming bag of dog crap on your front porch!

-Damn, I sure love causing so much well-deserved trouble for this ass-tool!

I LOVE BEING IN YOUR HEAD, BEEEAAATCH!!!

Hi hobit/crj567/tanker clown, or whatever name is this minute.

It would be YOU'RE low class. Like you, troll!
You can take the kid out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter out of the kid.
Back to class junior, recess is over!

Swing and a miss.

Sad. Typical Genlea,737pylt,scope response... "I'm Rubber, you're glue"

Weak. Try again GenLea

-I am the sole source of all your worries, I am the flaming bag of dog crap on your front porch!
Yes you are dog crap, and yes you are gay. I'm finally glad you see it.
Is break time over at Wendy's now?

-Damn, I sure love causing so much well-deserved trouble for this ass-tool!

Speaking of ass tool, how is your lover joe these days?

I LOVE BEING IN YOUR HEAD, BEEEAAATCH!!!
:laugh:
The only head you see is what you give out in the airport bathrooms for $5 a pop!
AMF Troll!

Swing and a miss.

Sad. Typical Genlea,737pylt,scope response... "I'm Rubber, you're glue"

Weak. Try again GenLea
I just responded to you above crj567.
Poor you. The sunlight must really hurt your eyes.
Wait a second, I hear that rock calling out for you, it must be lonely under there. At least you can continue to talk to yourself.
Good bye tanker clown,crj567,hobit...

While I would like to believe that DALPA has a vested intrest in our well being, it has been stated by LM himself, that he is out for the betterment of HIS pilot group alone. To pin our future on a gentleman's agreement with no concrete or binding literature would be foolish, at best. I welcome any opportunity to work with Delta on furthering the profession as a whole, but I absolutely will not stand for being a sacrificial lamb to further someone elses' agenda. The reality is, we DO need to meet our cost target. This is especially critical given the amount of RJ flying that is out there as a result of the merger, rising fuel costs, and weak travel demand. There are several abundantly clear points here- Delta is making business decisions on money alone, they don't interject emotion or love into their decisions, and they don't foster a love for RJ's they way they once did.

Because of the above, I'm thinking we will ultimately end up with two initiatives- dual qual, and PBS. Not because we want to, but because we HAVE to- we can thank Pinch-nickle for that. If this T/A passes, it's a new ball game for us. I'm not in favor of any sort of duty rig change or hourly rate reduction, but we've got to compete here, or find ourselves looking for work.

Personally, nothing would make me happier than to wax Pinnacle while sporting better work rules and pay- just to throw it in their face. The disdain I'm harboring for Pinch-nickle at this point is burning- but I'm not suprised. I'm supressing it in the hopes that the T/A will fail, but it's unlikely. After years of working on a non compete DCI agreement, they go and cut our throats like this..........................

If Delta buys us back, we're hosed. Plain and simple. Don't kid yourself- Delta is looking at a purchase prise, as well as the benafitial cost savings of shedding 50 seat lift, saving Jet A, and cutting capacity. It seems clear to me that they won't buy us back and grow us- hasn't happened to Mesaba, Comair, or Compass, has it? Why would it be different for us- because we're ASA? I think not. Besides, whatever SkyWest manages to do in order to trim us down and get us into shape, Delta management will undo. A year after repurchase, it will be the same ole' stuff, different time. Poor management of a good regional, and even poorer organization/labor relations.

I hope our next LEC/MEC recognizes what's at stake here- our future depends on it. I also hope they recognize the importance of continued work with Delta, and the other DCI carriers..................here's hoping.

Research your candidates and vote wisely....................Definately educate yourself on this!

I believe we'd have a different MEC now if there were better options than the J-5 that were going to roll over on the contract. I hope there are good options in the future, not just more of the same as last time.

Latest resources

Back