• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Delta pilots protect ASA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree that if you look at the DCI contract signed for ASA it really does look like it is set up for ASA to be repurchased.
That said, what would the reasoning be except to flex the EV flying farther down than it is now?

It's almost like you're under the impression DAL management is out to do what makes sense, business or otherwise. That's not what their track record suggests.

I'm also not real clear on what they would do with yet another wholly-owned, but that's just me.

but the fact that our union leaders will risk our hide because delta's mec says they will 'protect' us shows how far removed they are from reality. it's past time for change with our alpa. 3 or 4 people will ruin how far we have come. business decisions are made based upon facts and reason, not hand shakes and promises made at bars. alpa is holding pbs hostage while they bet our future on a gamble. we deserve more than that.

While I would like to believe that DALPA has a vested intrest in our well being, it has been stated by LM himself, that he is out for the betterment of HIS pilot group alone. To pin our future on a gentleman's agreement with no concrete or binding literature would be foolish, at best. I welcome any opportunity to work with Delta on furthering the profession as a whole, but I absolutely will not stand for being a sacrificial lamb to further someone elses' agenda. The reality is, we DO need to meet our cost target. This is especially critical given the amount of RJ flying that is out there as a result of the merger, rising fuel costs, and weak travel demand. There are several abundantly clear points here- Delta is making business decisions on money alone, they don't interject emotion or love into their decisions, and they don't foster a love for RJ's they way they once did.

Because of the above, I'm thinking we will ultimately end up with two initiatives- dual qual, and PBS. Not because we want to, but because we HAVE to- we can thank Pinch-nickle for that. If this T/A passes, it's a new ball game for us. I'm not in favor of any sort of duty rig change or hourly rate reduction, but we've got to compete here, or find ourselves looking for work.

Personally, nothing would make me happier than to wax Pinnacle while sporting better work rules and pay- just to throw it in their face. The disdain I'm harboring for Pinch-nickle at this point is burning- but I'm not suprised. I'm supressing it in the hopes that the T/A will fail, but it's unlikely. After years of working on a non compete DCI agreement, they go and cut our throats like this..........................

If Delta buys us back, we're hosed. Plain and simple. Don't kid yourself- Delta is looking at a purchase prise, as well as the benafitial cost savings of shedding 50 seat lift, saving Jet A, and cutting capacity. It seems clear to me that they won't buy us back and grow us- hasn't happened to Mesaba, Comair, or Compass, has it? Why would it be different for us- because we're ASA? I think not. Besides, whatever SkyWest manages to do in order to trim us down and get us into shape, Delta management will undo. A year after repurchase, it will be the same ole' stuff, different time. Poor management of a good regional, and even poorer organization/labor relations.

I hope our next LEC/MEC recognizes what's at stake here- our future depends on it. I also hope they recognize the importance of continued work with Delta, and the other DCI carriers..................here's hoping.

Research your candidates and vote wisely....................Definately educate yourself on this!

Last edited:
but the fact that our union leaders will risk our hide because delta's mec says they will 'protect' us shows how far removed they are from reality. it's past time for change with our alpa. 3 or 4 people will ruin how far we have come. business decisions are made based upon facts and reason, not hand shakes and promises made at bars. alpa is holding pbs hostage while they bet our future on a gamble. we deserve more than that.

This MEC is playing a very dangerous game with our careers...

I hope our next LEC/MEC recognizes what's at stake here- our future depends on it. I also hope they recognize the importance of continued work with Delta, and the other DCI carriers..................here's hoping.

JumpersAway,

I believe most pilots would agree with you. We don't need to "hope" that our next MEC recognizes this....We have the ability to choose 4 people who do think this way...Forget "hoping"...It's time to act!

Hobit said:
DALPA will take care of DALPA's needs.
Gosh, imagine that, an MEC looking after it's own pilots' needs!

No emotion, just $$$$.
No brains, just bull********************!

JumpersAway,

I believe most pilots would agree with you. We don't need to "hope" that our next MEC recognizes this....We have the ability to choose 4 people who do think this way...Forget "hoping"...It's time to act!

I'm sure most ASA pilots hoped you'd act in accordance to what was required from an LEC officer. However, forget hoping, you acted like a complete dickhead, hence why you are in the position you are in!
Hopefully ASA pilots won't make the same fatal mistake!

Last edited:
DALPA could have changed history if they would have supported Comair during the strike. I mean really changed history and the direction of the airlines and our careers. They didn't and they won't support any regional today, plain and simple. They suck but they will inivte you to the pizza party to say that we're all in this together. Those guys will throw all of us under the bus. If you believe anything ALPA says, the ocean front property in ??? is for sale!!!! If you support ALPA, I would ask again did DALPA quit flying to support Comair????? NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! They could have changed all of this like Comair guys hoped to, and they left those guys hanging from the cliff. So now it's a free for all and DALPA guys are all confy with their cushy jobs and could give a rats ass about where they came from or more importantly , YOU!!!!

The only reason this would actually happen is if they get their hands on our seniority list. I have heard rumblings of flow-through crap and this smells like a pile of it.

My guess: there is going to be another MOU at DL allowing more 76 seat jets as long as they are flown by selected carriers along with a bilateral flow through. ACL, please tell me I'm wrong.

Latest resources

Back