Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will ATN/ALPA force this on their pilot group?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously????? I thought it was all rainbows and sunshine over there. So after 6 years you want me to be stapled so I can enjoy that. Presently I'm holding 19 off all weekends and holidays - making 110k a year. So how is this new deal a windfall for the aai pilot?? Answer - It Ain't!!!!

6 yrs and you are only making 110k? Don't you get some sort of base protection for too long? Anyway, I'm on your side. Vote No.

Originally Posted by Max Powers
Seriously????? I thought it was all rainbows and sunshine over there. So after 6 years you want me to be stapled so I can enjoy that. Presently I'm holding 19 off all weekends and holidays - making 110k a year. So how is this new deal a windfall for the aai pilot?? Answer - It Ain't!!!!

Hold the line, money only pays bills, buys food and pays mortgage. That is a lot of cash.

I don't see you suing ALPA....SWA and Swapa are another story. Your undying loyalty for ALPA at some point will reach a conflict of interest if you want to be a Swapa pilot. (as if it's NOT already...)

SWA and SWAPA don't hold a duty of fair representation towards the AirTran pilots. There isn't anything to sue them for.

And I fail to see how supporting ALPA will be a conflict of interest after I'm a SWAPA member. Can't I support both?

SWA and SWAPA don't hold a duty of fair representation towards the AirTran pilots. There isn't anything to sue them for.

And I fail to see how supporting ALPA will be a conflict of interest after I'm a SWAPA member. Can't I support both?

It Pays To Be A Scab At ALPA

At AirTran ALPA our non members; Scabs and the Management pilots that have abused the employees are profiting the most in this SLI.

The have not paid ALPA dues, yet they are the most senior AirTran pilots on the new SWAPA seniority list.

ALPA has ensured that crossing a picket line, not paying union dues and management abuse pays well in terms of seniority.

This paragraph, is the exclamation mark at the end of the story of AirTran ALPA.

Bu Bye

It Pays To Be A Scab At ALPA

At AirTran ALPA our non members; Scabs and the Management pilots that have abused the employees are profiting the most in this SLI.

The have not paid ALPA dues, yet they are the most senior AirTran pilots on the new SWAPA seniority list.

ALPA has ensured that crossing a picket line, not paying union dues and management abuse pays well in terms of seniority.

This paragraph, is the exclamation mark at the end of the story of AirTran ALPA.

Bu Bye

That is a good point. Why are we even taking them. They are not part of the AT alpa seniority list. They have not paid any dues.

Just so the SWA guys know, this isn't really true. Although there are some scabs near the top of our list, most of the pilots on the top did not cross the line. The number one guy on our list was a full-term EAL striker, and wouldn't cross a picket line if his life depended on it.

That is a good point. Why are we even taking them. They are not part of the AT alpa seniority list. They have not paid any dues.

Many of the scabs do pay dues.

Just so the SWA guys know, this isn't really true. Although there are some scabs near the top of our list, most of the pilots on the top did not cross the line. The number one guy on our list was a full-term EAL striker, and wouldn't cross a picket line if his life depended on it.

Now that there is funny. When he went to Valuejet many of us were shocked. But the shock was replaced by disgust because he would go on and on about how great the Valuejet scabs were and just misunderstood ad nauseum. Of all the Eastern scabs ,most that ended up at Valuejet were the worst of the worst.
They were the small group of 250 or so that crossed on Day 1. Years before the strike they were for the most part intensely disliked throughout the airline for being jerks. In fact, many had been terminated by the company for egregious behavior only to have ALPA get their jobs back. Ironic. We called them "Superscabs" and they were proud of the title. So while yes, this individual did not cross the line, there is a reason why the Superscabs hired him at Valuejet. I would let him ride in the back, but there is no way in h$&ll I would trust him on my jumpseat. Another side of the story for someone who knew him in Atlanta.

Last edited:
[/I]

Hold the line, money only pays bills, buys food and pays mortgage. That is a lot of cash.
It isn't AAI who is holding the line. We are more than willing to compromise. It is SWAPA that is "holding the line". Their arrogance appears to be destroying their chance at a negotiated settlement and now we will face inevitable Arbitration. In arbitration I would bet that AAI pilots will at a minimum get better than a staple, which is what SWAPA is offering now for pilots with over 35% relative seniority or 6 years - That is SWAPA "holding the LINE". Wow you SWA guys had so much to gain but you got sooooo Greedy - well that isn't the first time and it won't be the last time for pilots and over playing their hand.

Latest resources

Back