Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will ATN/ALPA force this on their pilot group?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I explained this deal to some people at headquarters the other day. They said that is a hell of a deal if not more than fair. These people are 25-30 year veterans that have built this company.

Hilarious. You've redeemed yourself. :laugh:

LOL! Hey Don't forget to vote yes!

Let's vote NO together. It will be our first step as cousins. The kind you see on 'Cops'. Is there even a "No" option on a SWAPA ballot ?

Remember, No really means Yes. :D

Sorry, but I beg to differ. Most SWA guys think it should have been more. And when you consider all the protections you all are getting, you're whining about a paper seniority reduction. And yes, I even mean beyond 10 years from now. As far as upgrades go, with all your Captain seat protections, doubtful many FOs from either side would be upgrading over the next 10 years.

BTW, if you're worrying about furloughs, I wouldn't. We have never furloughed, and that is one thing that GK would avoid at all costs. Even if he wouldn't, the SWAPA group would do whatever it took to avoid it as well.

I see so going from 60% to 94% is a good deal.
What protections do the stapled 650 have? I'll tell...none.
To say that you have never furloughed does not mean that you never will, does it?
There is nothing "fair and equitable" about being stapled, sorry but that's the truth. You would feel the same, I bet.
Now if this goes out to a vote, it will pass and I will live with it, won't be happy but I will live with it.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. Most SWA guys think it should have been more. And when you consider all the protections you all are getting, you're whining about a paper seniority reduction.
You can beg to differ all you like, but the reality is there.

You can't tell me that going from #7 in domicile to the bottom 10% of the combined seniority list and the BOTTOM 25% IN ATL will just be "a paper seniority reduction".

I'm not saying there aren't benefits to this, but don't diminish the sacrifices many of us will have to take to make this work. I'll respect your issues if you respect mine. Sound fair?

Lear- you're a smart dude-
You got your niche in MCO for a short while- you're complaining about reality in the airlines and attributing it to this merger. If you're in the bottom 25% in ATL then if we didn't buy you and a whole bunch of guys decided to move down to FLorida - you'd have been pushed down in that scenario too.
That last argument goes in my "grow up"" welcome to airline life" file.
No, you guys aren't all big fish in little ponds anymore. Sorry that didn't work out. But I know absolutely no one who feels bad for your guys situation- especially with a few hundred friends who are just hoping that you guys somehow push too hard and we hire off the street to replace you. Hell, they're just hoping to get an interview to be at the bottom of ALL of us. You know, part of those 8000 well qualified pilots who would be excited to "sacrifice" like you.
:-/
Good lord- the smallest violin man...

You got your niche in MCO for a short while- you're complaining about reality in the airlines and attributing it to this merger. If you're in the bottom 25% in ATL then if we didn't buy you and a whole bunch of guys decided to move down to FLorida - you'd have been pushed down in that scenario too.
No, you guys aren't all big fish in little ponds anymore. Sorry that didn't work out. But I know absolutely no one who feels bad for your guys situation- especially with a few hundred friends who are just hoping that you guys somehow push too hard and we hire off the street to replace you. Hell, they're just hoping to get an interview to be at the bottom of ALL of us. You know, part of those 8000 well qualified pilots who would be excited to "sacrifice" like you.
I'm not asking for pity.

I'm asking for the man not to minimize the hits we take on our Quality of Life and we won't minimize the issues the SWA F/O's take in the issues of upgrade.

Sounds fair enough to me, sorry it doesn't for you.

WHAT??? To all of the AT pilots out there, this is the jerk who will upgrade before you and rule your life because you voted yes. Wave, you need to "Grow Up" and welcome to the "world of mergers." You treat the AT pilots like step-kids, and you are the overweight step-dad who smokes in the corner and always looks them up and down, real slow, when the kids walk into the room. Weird. The AT guys don't OWE you or SWAPA a thing, GK wanted this aquisition/merger done.

OYS

Latest resources

Back