Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will ATN/ALPA force this on their pilot group?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty, Dicko,

Your merger committee was a key player in the AIP, your own pilots on the MC made this deal...

Is there any truth to the rumor that a law suit has been filed against/threatened if AAI ALPA/MEC withholds the AIP from membership vote? on the AIP??

I'm wondering how AAI ALPA doesn't get a DFR lawsuit by NOT VOTING AT ALL!

Interesting times for sure.

RF

Ty, Dicko,

Your merger committee was a key player in the AIP, your own pilots on the MC made this deal...

Is there any truth to the rumor that a law suit has been filed against/threatened if AAI ALPA/MEC withholds the AIP from membership vote? on the AIP??

It's the MEC's job to decide whether or not to send it out. They'd be abrogating their responsibility if they didn't consider whether it met the criteria.

The system is theoretically designed to protect idiots from harming themselves because they're scared of shadows.

Theoretically .... :D

It is my understanding that the MC has one item left to finish on the transition agreement. The MEC will meet very soon. Btw, what is the big rush for? It's not like SOC is waiting on this. We have time.

It is my understanding that the MC has one item left to finish on the transition agreement. The MEC will meet very soon. Btw, what is the big rush for? It's not like SOC is waiting on this. We have time.

Exactly.

SWA Management wants us to waive our Scheduling protections on date of signing. Combined with the transfer of flying our QOL will immediately go down hill fast.

They want us to wait until April 2012 until they pay us, and years later for the SWAPA contract.

No rush ..... We've got till April 2012.

Exactly.

SWA Management wants us to waive our Scheduling protections on date of signing. Combined with the transfer of flying our QOL will immediately go down hill fast.

They want us to wait until April 2012 until they pay us, and years later for the SWAPA contract.

No rush ..... We've got till April 2012.

Mr. dick,

Can you explain the QOL drop?

Here is an example (one of many) of language that needs to be iron clad. The 737 crews will be transitioned first. If a junior 737 makes it over to the SW side, what happens if there is a furlough on the Airtran side? The transitioned junior 737 pilot would be on the SW side, covered underthe furlough protection, and me a middle senior 717 guy could get furloughed? You guys have to understand that the language of the protections is HUGE. I would say me getting furloughed before a junior Airtran pilot is extremely unfair and not equitable. Our lawyers NEED to take their time to ensure the deal is fair.

Here is an example (one of many) of language that needs to be iron clad. The 737 crews will be transitioned first. If a junior 737 makes it over to the SW side, what happens if there is a furlough on the Airtran side? The transitioned junior 737 pilot would be on the SW side, covered underthe furlough protection, and me a middle senior 717 guy could get furloughed? You guys have to understand that the language of the protections is HUGE. I would say me getting furloughed before a junior Airtran pilot is extremely unfair and not equitable. Our lawyers NEED to take their time to ensure the deal is fair.

I see, and agree with you. You guys are just CYA'ing yourself. I don't think thats what SWA was intending to do, maybe that's why the language is laid back. But I do agree with you if I was in your shoes. Can't wait till this is done.

Mr. dick,

Can you explain the QOL drop?

Yes, I'd like an answer to this, too.

We've all been hearing the sob stories about sitting weekend reserve commuting across the country. What has been conveniently left out of the whining, though, is that 2/3 of the AT pilots are on the 717, and with the seat locks, those guys will be maintaining a far better lifestyle than they've been letting on, since they won't have to fight SWA guys for seniority in those seats. Even after the seat locks expire in 3 years, the wonderful SWAPA contract precludes any SWA pilot displacing a sitting former AT guy from their seat, thus making the seat and equipment protections pretty much indefinite, barring a reduction in overall manning, which is unlikely.

Someone else asked what SWA pilots are losing in this deal. Well, I and others are gaining a maximum 9% increase in seniority, but with no chance of upgrading for the foreseeable future, as we will not be growing, but simply assimilating the AT group and operation into ours. So, sounds like the AT guys (with the exception of the few 737 pilots who are downsized out of ATL) will be losing nothing in QOL, and yet receiving huge financial and benefits gains (no more $500/month for medical, eh?). SWA pilots get a small gain in seniority that does jack squat.

Yes, I'd like an answer to this, too.

We've all been hearing the sob stories about sitting weekend reserve commuting across the country. What has been conveniently left out of the whining, though, is that 2/3 of the AT pilots are on the 717, and with the seat locks, those guys will be maintaining a far better lifestyle than they've been letting on, since they won't have to fight SWA guys for seniority in those seats. Even after the seat locks expire in 3 years, the wonderful SWAPA contract precludes any SWA pilot displacing a sitting former AT guy from their seat, thus making the seat and equipment protections pretty much indefinite, barring a reduction in overall manning, which is unlikely.

Someone else asked what SWA pilots are losing in this deal. Well, I and others are gaining a maximum 9% increase in seniority, but with no chance of upgrading for the foreseeable future, as we will not be growing, but simply assimilating the AT group and operation into ours. So, sounds like the AT guys (with the exception of the few 737 pilots who are downsized out of ATL) will be losing nothing in QOL, and yet receiving huge financial and benefits gains (no more $500/month for medical, eh?). SWA pilots get a small gain in seniority that does jack squat.

It is a maximum 9% increase. Until such time it is zero to much less than 9%. You will be earning much less, however.

Latest resources

Back