• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Atlas get 777s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Damm, You're in the loop, ain'tcha. Lol...

P2P committee, we hear things 5 minutes before you do.

Johnsonrod: no customer, no airplanes at this time. Lots of rumors, but that's nothing new. Lots of smoke, but no fire yet.

Allot of false rumors floating around guys.... as a P2 member, I can back up captainv and the other committe members on this forum. Try not to listen to the trolls. Just my .02

Posted by King Baby over on pprune:

I guess the LOA for the 777's released yesterday afternoon by the Union means nothing right?

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ATLAS AIR, INC.
and
THE PILOTS
in the service of Atlas Air, Inc.
as represented by
INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS, AIRLINE DIVISION

THIS MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (hereinafter, "MOU") is made and entered into in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by and between Atlas Air, Inc. (hereinafter, "Company") and the Pilots (hereinafter, "Crewmembers") in the service of the Company, as represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Airline Division (hereinafter, "IBT" or "Union").

WHEREAS, the Company and IBT have agreed to work cooperatively to launch a new Boeing 777 fleet type and launch of such fleet type requires the skills and aviation experience of certain Check Airmen currently awarded and trained to operate the B747or B767 fleet type; and...............

Actually, AAWW owns 3 777 freighters now on longterm lease for DHL. They were previously owned by Aerologic. Rumors, a while back, was AAWW was going to buy all 7 from Aerologic and Atlas Air would cmi them for DHL. Time will tell on that. Other rumors were cmi 777 deal for multiple carriers. I would say something is coming down the pipe with this 777 mou. Just my 2$

Actually, AAWW owns 3 777 freighters now on longterm lease for DHL. They were previously owned by Aerologic. Rumors, a while back, was AAWW was going to buy all 7 from Aerologic and Atlas Air would cmi them for DHL. Time will tell on that. Other rumors were cmi 777 deal for multiple carriers. I would say something is coming down the pipe with this 777 mou. Just my 2$

If AAWW were to buy 7x777 and place them with DHL then it would be an ACMI not a CMI. One of the three 777`s AAWW acquired through Titan Leasing is operated by Emirates Cargo and all three are in long term operating lease agreements. I do agree that something is in the works, what that is we can only speculate and if it does not materialize we will never know!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back