• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We had a Captain at my last airline that forgot to shut down one of the engines on a terminating aircraft. He left the airport and was called a half hour later at the hotel by dispatch.

Nice job on the postflight walk around. The sad part was this tool wasn't fired for this.

KC-10 Driver said:
No fly list? Is that why I never get the same F/O twice, and always seem to fly with guys on reserve? I wonder...

Bingo!!!! You see this guys in open time very often, like 4 or 5 trips a month!

At my last airline, the captain that would actually brief she did everything by the book, and would then proceed to share with me her special procedures that were no where near the same book the company published.

The captain that would end the brief with "let's put the smiles between the miles..."

The captain at Eagle who sued to always find an excuse to brush his hands over mine (setting power usually). He was fired a few years later for sexual harassment against a flight attendant.

The captain who would brief which part of the overhead panel was his, which part of the cockpit was his, and that I could touch the air conditioning panel.

It goes on and on...

Come on - Let's hear about the reeeaaalllly bad ones.....................

We have one Captain nicknamed "Peek-a-boo"

Another one was fired after he hung out a cockpit window to clean the windscreen while his FO taxied - apparently forgot to take his Prozac

And English -
Those are THE worst ones........I do everything standard EXCEPT for.............

Doug Parker said:
Those are THE worst ones........I do everything standard EXCEPT for.............

The very first thing the guy I mentioned above said to me was "I'm a very laid back guy, there's a reason there's two of us in the cockpit"

On that same topic, about a month after I flew with tht guy, another captain was giving me his briefing, and when he said, "I'ma very laid back person" I stared laughing, so he said "Not in the way that I'm not laid back". He was laid back though.

Here is my rule of thumb: If a captain wears a hat or tells me he/she is very laid back, I know I'min for a long trip, and will try to get out of the trip or include said capain in my "no fly" list. Of course this is not always the case, but I go by that for my first impression.

We had a guy at PDT who used to wear Nomex flight gloves. He told all of the F/O's that he was from outer space and that if his skin touched the yoke he would melt it...then there was the guy who used to pop open the overhead ditching hatch while the engines were running when he forgot catering supplies. They were throwing bags of ice at him to catch...I belive he was the same one who took his 7 year old son with him in the jumpseat for 4 legs because they junior manned him and he did not have a baby sitter. Crewservices said too bad bring him along, so I guess he did.

English said:
The captain who would brief which part of the overhead panel was his, which part of the cockpit was his, ...
How about, "Draw a line down the middle of the cockpit. Everything on my side is mine, and everything on your side is mine, too. Don't touch anything unless you ask first."

:)

FedEx1 said:
I just flew with a captain that took my picture with his digital camera without any notice. He said he takes a photo of all his f/o's. I guess he keeps some sort of data base on us at home???

It puts the lotion on the skin...

Latest resources

Back