• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Every airline has a few - usually on quite a few 'NO FLY' lists - somehow they slip thru the cracks during the interview or just change as time goes on........

Let's hear about the ones at your airline

I know of a guy at my company who insists on showing FO's how to properly fold Jepp charts... Never worked with him myself, though, only going by what I've been told. :)

We have one that used to tell the crew that they had to walk in single file in the terminal (CA, FO, FA), among other things he does. Had a 4 day with the clown an he is my "no fly" list.

Holy crap!

I was thinking of posting on this thread, but in 2 posts, you guys have already annihilated any weirdness I could possibly come up with!

Makes me thankful I haven't flown with anyone like that!

LAXSaabdude.

CA: Pull out your chart! (While highlighting the route on his High Altitude chart)
Me: It's already out (Pointing to it)
CA: Did youfind the airport? (We were going to Ashville, NC)
Me: There are no airports in High Altitude charts
CA: I found IAH
Me: That's Humble VOR.......

I just flew with a captain that took my picture with his digital camera without any notice. He said he takes a photo of all his f/o's. I guess he keeps some sort of data base on us at home??? Any other MD-11 guys know him?

Last edited:
Flew with a Capt. once who would put on isotoner gloves every time it was his leg. With the "handle bar" yoke on the Embraer it looked like his was riding a bike.

FedEx1 said:
I just flew with a captain that took my picture with his digital camera without any notice. He said he takes a photo of all his f/o's. I guess he keeps some sort of data base on us at home???

Are you a dude or a chick?

One day taxiing in after landing, this crazy captain I was with spotted a security vehicle about two hundred yards ahead of us on the taxiway, so he guns it up to about 45kts to tail the guy, then tells ground control to find out who the "irresponsible" driver is, and to send him to his supervisor. From what I hear, he has applied numerous times to become an IOE instructor, to which thankfully he is not. The guy is nuts and I'll never fly with him again - I hear Professional Standards knows him well.

Latest resources

Back