Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta put my 2 cents in

This dude at my old airline was a hypocritcal tree hugger. He hated the facts that airplanes made ssooooo much noise and burned fossil fuels (as he pushed up the throttle on the mighty 1900D) Then he hated plastic use so much he would load his pockets up with trail mix....snack time would come....out would come the mix, pocket lint and all...then down the hatch.

So I axed him one time...asked him, "why don't you donate your check to save the whales, or the spotted owl group"? Answer... "why would I want to do that"

The only good thing about this guy, He was great interview material. Thanks

Cactus73 said:
"3 Cup" get the honors for the most wacked out pilot I've ever flown with.

In all fairness, he was the FO on the flight where the LIT station manager got chopped into strawberry Jell-o when he diddy-bopped into the propeller... but I'm sure he was pretty wacky before that.

The Embraer is known for numerous false messages on the EICAS - he would ask for the QRH for every single message - even if it was normal.

DU4 OVHT! Oh sh!t!!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that with the hat, the mirrored sunglasses, the moustache... maybe the Village People had a pilot and replaced him with the Indian or something?

ATRedneck said:
In all fairness, he was the FO on the flight where the LIT station manager got chopped into strawberry Jell-o when he diddy-bopped into the propeller... but I'm sure he was pretty wacky before that.
When I was at COEX I was pretty good friends with the Captain of the LIT flight. He seemed to make it out OK. As far as "3-cup" goes I heard he was way long gone before that.

Thank God he was never my FO. I was getting hilarious stories about that moron on a weekly basis.

Quack said:
We have a guy that everyone calls Full Stall Paul...he thinks you have to land a Dash as the stick shaker goes off. Needless to say, he's had at least a few tail strikes and still continues to fly...unbelievable

Is he SBY based and boo- koo senior? If it's who I think it is,I flew with him in the Dash in the late 80's. One leg into BWI he try's to engage the gust lock 20 miles out while I'm flying. Told him if he tried anything like that again while I was assigned as his F/O, I'd walk off the trip on the next leg. Strange. I also rememer "The Alien". Quite a bunch of characters...

PHXFLYR:cool:

Cactus73 said:
"3 Cup" get the honors for the most wacked out pilot I've ever flown with.

-He spent 9 years in the USAF. When I asked him what he did he told me....
"it's classified."

I'm sure some others have more stories about this douche bag.

I asked him what he flew in the Air Force, and while shaking his head he said "A desk"...

On the 3rd day I found out he was "3 Cup" .I didn't know, but the captain in the trip before had told me about him, but didn't mention his name. He yelled at a flight attendant in the crew room for 5 minutes in front of everybody because she didn't swipe her I.D. to get in (Wasn't even his FA, not that it makes any diference). She was almost crying, poor girl. Then I saw her and told her "I'm in a 4 day with that clown", she said "Yeah that f***ing 3 cup". So I told our FA that he was 3 cup and from that moment she gave him 3 cups for averything he asked.

He carries a very full briefcase with him, so I asked him what he had in there "paperwork and schedules, in case they come after me and to figure out when the company is screwing me out of pay" I said, dude you are crazy, "You shoud see my house, I have 3 full drawers"...

He's the weirdest person I've ever flown with (Besides ATRedneck :D J/K). Very bad pilot too. Couldn't land that thing, he flared like in a C172. I coud write a book about the 4 day I had with him and all the weird stuff he did.

ATRedneck said:

Man, when he told me that story, I thought he was telling me a joke, because of the way he tells the story.

Man, when I was on the ATR we got to LIT......!!!!!

It made me sick when he told me the end of it, and he had a grin, what a nuts... Then I was told by somebody that he didn't want to get off the trip, he didn't want to lose housr "because of that".

All kidding aside, he doesn't belong in a plane...

Dangerkitty said:
When I was at COEX I was pretty good friends with the Captain of the LIT flight. He seemed to make it out OK. As far as "3-cup" goes I heard he was way long gone before that.

Thank God he was never my FO. I was getting hilarious stories about that moron on a weekly basis.

Yeah, AC never seemed to have any lingering effects. You can't hold yourself to blame for someone else's cranio-rectal inversion.

I think I was the only other ATR captain besides you to never fly with Three Cups. The stories were funny as hell though, as long as I wasn't the one flying with him!

Now flying with Flechas on the other hand... :laugh:

Sweet, I made it through the whole thing without reading about myself...I used to run into a guy who would walk into the local Starbucks in FULL UNIFORM...Captain Latte, I called him...Anyway he'd be in his monkey-suit, hat and everything nowhere near the airport! I went up to him one day and told him I was interested in learning how to fly, and the guy gave me the "You ever been in a cockpit before, timmy?" speech...Well I played dumb and went with it. About two weeks later, I picked up an open trip and who was I flying with? CAPTAIN LATTE Himself. The trip sucked, he was a jerk and wore his hat the entire time...

Flechas said:
I asked him what he flew in the Air Force, and while shaking his head he said "A desk"...

On the 3rd day I found out he was "3 Cup" .I didn't know, but the captain in the trip before had told me about him, but didn't mention his name. He yelled at a flight attendant in the crew room for 5 minutes in front of everybody because she didn't swipe her I.D. to get in (Wasn't even his FA, not that it makes any diference). She was almost crying, poor girl. Then I saw her and told her "I'm in a 4 day with that clown", she said "Yeah that f***ing 3 cup". So I told our FA that he was 3 cup and from that moment she gave him 3 cups for averything he asked.

He carries a very full briefcase with him, so I asked him what he had in there "paperwork and schedules, in case they come after me and to figure out when the company is screwing me out of pay" I said, dude you are crazy, "You shoud see my house, I have 3 full drawers"...

He's the weirdest person I've ever flown with (Besides ATRedneck :D J/K). Very bad pilot too. Couldn't land that thing, he flared like in a C172. I coud write a book about the 4 day I had with him and all the weird stuff he did.

Hey FLECHAS,

Why dont you put an anonymous note in "3-cups" V-file letting him know how much fun people make of him. Refer to this thread and let ask him to join flightinfo!! Then he can see it for himself.

I dont think it would change him much but maybe, just maybe it would kick his paranoia into high gear.

Hey, that's my FO

My last FO does the same thing. Wears his uniform everywhere. DInner, school play's etc. Likes people to ask him questions at the terminal.

I find the whole thing amusing.

Latest resources

Back