• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
while i don't do it i have seen a million guys do the wipes and paint brush cleaning routine. truth be told if we all did the cockpits wouldn't have 5 years of crumbs covering 3 inches of flooring and panel.

Nam

The Mr. Rogers thing is true... I was with him at Khe Sahn. ;)

Last edited:
Had one that decided to paint her nails in cruise.

Had another that loved to eat Sardines during cruise.

Then, there is the ass bomber who caused me to pull the Oh-Two mask for relief and then a few minutes later the FA calls to ask who stunk up the plane!

We have a captain who takes his Playstation with him on overnights. He also likes to preach to the FOs because he's a bible beater. He's heading to CAL soon...have fun with that piece of work.

How could the XJT guys forget to mention "3 cup". This guy asks the FA's for a drink and 3 cups so that he doesn't have to drink out of a cup that anyone has touched. Word is that he used to live in the EWR crew room sleeping in his robe and yelled at anyone who talked.

Last edited:
TNPILOT said:
How could the XJT guys forget to mention "3 cup". This guy asks the FA's for a drink and 3 cups so that he doesn't have to drink out of a cup that anyone has touched. Word is that he used to live in the EWR crew room sleeping in his robe and yelled at anyone who talked.

"3 Cup" get the honors for the most wacked out pilot I've ever flown with.

-He keeps all the paperwork for every flight in a file in case "they" ever come after him. Just to piss him off, I would take all the paper work and stuff it in the trash bag on the taxi-in. I would then place my half-full coffee cup on top of it. It was a riot watching him trying to dry it all off and put it in its correct order for his file.
-3 cups, because you can never be too sure.
-He did sleep in the EWR crew room while he was on reserve. He slept in his hat and wore the same thing for six days straight. The crew trackers would beg scheduling to assign him a trip and the FO's would all call in sick when assigned to him. When he did shower, he went over to the old crew room ramp showers.
-He would go back to use the LAV during flight and literally be gone for 30+minutes - in the lav the whole time.
-He was the worst pilot I've ever flown with. Pulled power to idle at 100 feet while I tensed up in the right seat and waited for the smash - he did this every time.
-He keeps a ham radio in his flight case. He got mad at me when I asked him what it is for and if he's going to use it to contact aliens while in flight.
-The Embraer is known for numerous false messages on the EICAS - he would ask for the QRH for every single message - even if it was normal.
-He spent 9 years in the USAF. When I asked him what he did he told me....
"it's classified."

I'm sure some others have more stories about this douche bag.

Last edited:
Cactus73 said:
-The Embraer is known for numerous false messages on the EICAS - he would ask for the QRH for every single message - even if it was normal.

I flew with a guy like this once. We're about 500' AGL and DING! EFIS COMP MON. He was flying, turns to me and says "better run the checklist." I kind of gave him the "are you serious?" look, and reached over with my left hand to sync up my DG. At that point I knew it was going to be a long 4-day.

Cactus73 said:
"3 Cup" get the honors for the most wacked out pilot I've ever flown with.
. . .<snip>. . .
-3 cups, because you can never be too sure. . . <snip> . . .
That just means you know exactly which cup to "target". . .

Latest resources

Back