Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WHY WHY WHY..why R we hiring 210 hr pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey 'ihaveapension'.....you're right, the kid looks like a punk....but i find it hard for you to make any kind of a point when that picture was taken by the captain....thanks for showing us that captain is setting a good example for his 'punk' fo.....

bafanguy...right on.....

808pilot said:
hey 'ihaveapension'.....you're right, the kid looks like a punk....but i find it hard for you to make any kind of a point when that picture was taken by the captain....thanks for showing us that captain is setting a good example for his 'punk' fo.....

bafanguy...right on.....

I'm more that confident that the captain is a punk too! That's the problem with most commuters, they are all inbred, punk f/o to punk captain who think their $hit don't stink because they fly a cool RJ.

IHaveAPension said:
I'm more that confident that the captain is a punk too! That's the problem with most commuters, they are all inbred, punk f/o to punk captain who think their $hit don't stink because they fly a cool RJ.

As opposed to being an ultra-cool ABX/DHL wannabe that spends hours upon hours posting flamebait and drivel on the board under a vast multitude of names?

BoilerUP said:
As opposed to being an ultra-cool ABX/DHL wannabe that spends hours upon hours posting flamebait and drivel on the board under a vast multitude of names?
Pwned. Good game.

Quick question, do you Captains get this heartburn from the low time or from the attitudes?

I started out with a 121 carrier with low time, 1200/300, but I, like my whole class, took a huge bite of humble pie before going to training and going online and really had no problems. The guys my Captains complained about the most were the ones with the real crappy attitudes, like wanting to fly a jet and not a T prop, complaining about being junior manned for 1 day out of the month, etc.

Most guys are happy to have a job and are thrilled to be where they are and want to learn from you guys. It seems like the willingness to "teach" a new FO the ins and outs (im not talking basic flying skills) is going downhill. You older guys need to step up your game and realize 99% of us (FOs) want to learn and love our job. Don't beat on us so hard for making small mistakes or asking questions just because you had a bad experience with a SJS FO.

The best captains I fly with are always giving me little tidbits on how to do this or that with the operation or with the airplane and letting me make my own mistakes and fix them without hacking up a hairball, the worst are the ones who second guess every single decision, sit there and shake there heads, etc. I don't want or need my hand held, but there is a reason you are the Captain and I am the FO, YOUVE DONE THIS BEFORE! Share the knowledge!

I have not heard from any of the 200hr guys. I am self being a 200 hr that works at ASA/Skywest. ( I just broke 500hrs last month) I must admit that it has been a real challenge. I have made mistakes. I still get caught on the low end of the power curve sometimes during 20+ kt X-wind landing. What else does anyone want to know?

AMCKLC said:
I have not heard from any of the 200hr guys. I am self being a 200 hr that works at ASA/Skywest. ( I just broke 500hrs last month) I must admit that it has been a real challenge. I have made mistakes. I still get caught on the low end of the power curve sometimes during 20+ kt X-wind landing. What else does anyone want to know?

Hey AMCKLC, you mean to tell me that they did not teach you how to land a jet in a crosswind during your ERAU CAPT training? Where elsw would you have gotten a DC-9 type rating? I bet the guys love flying with you!

DC8 Flyer said:
Quick question, do you Captains get this heartburn from the low time or from the attitudes?

I started out with a 121 carrier with low time, 1200/300, but I, like my whole class, took a huge bite of humble pie before going to training and going online and really had no problems. The guys my Captains complained about the most were the ones with the real crappy attitudes, like wanting to fly a jet and not a T prop, complaining about being junior manned for 1 day out of the month, etc.

Most guys are happy to have a job and are thrilled to be where they are and want to learn from you guys. It seems like the willingness to "teach" a new FO the ins and outs (im not talking basic flying skills) is going downhill. You older guys need to step up your game and realize 99% of us (FOs) want to learn and love our job. Don't beat on us so hard for making small mistakes or asking questions just because you had a bad experience with a SJS FO.

The best captains I fly with are always giving me little tidbits on how to do this or that with the operation or with the airplane and letting me make my own mistakes and fix them without hacking up a hairball, the worst are the ones who second guess every single decision, sit there and shake there heads, etc. I don't want or need my hand held, but there is a reason you are the Captain and I am the FO, YOUVE DONE THIS BEFORE! Share the knowledge!

DC8flyer,

You said what I was trying to say, only better than I did, and from the right side of the cockpit. You demonstrated the attitude I was trying to explain.

Attitude is a huge determinant as it drives most other factors in the equation.

It's unfortunate this thread deteriorated into the "histrionics" I mention in my original post and prevented anything remembling an intelligent discourse. Apparently, a little anger management is in order for some. Let's see...we've managed to work in PFT, RJ's, SJS, "mine doesn't stink, but yours does", "you didn't come along the way I did so YOU are inferior", what happened to scabs ??...no one worked scabs into the "discussion".

I'm waiting...don't disappoint me.

Angry outbursts hardly add to the debate.

bafanguy said:
DC8flyer,

You said what I was trying to say, only better than I did, and from the right side of the cockpit. You demonstrated the attitude I was trying to explain.

Attitude is a huge determinant as it drives most other factors in the equation.

It's unfortunate this thread deteriorated into the "histrionics" I mention in my original post and prevented anything remembling an intelligent discourse. Apparently, a little anger management is in order for some. Let's see...we've managed to work in PFT, RJ's, SJS, "mine doesn't stink, but yours does", "you didn't come along the way I did so YOU are inferior", what happened to scabs ??...no one worked scabs into the "discussion".

I'm waiting...don't disappoint me.

Angry outbursts hardly add to the debate.

Anyone who went to ERAU or Purdue is a scab! :D

Latest resources

Back