Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cyclone said:
Meaning

To speak plainly - to describe something as it really is.

Origin

It pre-dates the slang use of the term spade (pejorative reference to race). it's been in use since at least since 300BC (origins in greek).

just because someone takes offense doesn't mean the person who sent the message was wrong. a while back a politician got slammed because he used the term niggardly...oh my god i can't believe he said that...people went nuts...they called for his head on a platter...all because the complainers had a limited vocabulary and they didn't know the meaning of the word.

Shouldn't Juvat be the one explaining what he meant. Some people don't know any better, because their parents never taught them to be aware of what comes out of their mouth. Sometimes it may come out wrong. I don't know if that is the fact here since Juvat has not explained himself.

Secondly, if the politician, whose craft is to be as tactful as possible, is dumb enough to say a word from his o'so eloquent vocabulary that causes a rise out of a group of people, he should have his head on a platter with a shiny red apple shoved in his mouth.

rick james logic

too bad because this politician's goal was to help the idiots who would want his head on a platter...only the people who took offense were too ignorant to see that he wasn't insulting them at all...they just don't understand english

i guess you think it's ok when you don't understand something that you get all riled up (even if it's because you don't know or understand) as long as you're getting angry at the people who aren't like you...it's their fault...they deserve their head on a platter because they should have known that some stupid uneducated moron would take offense because of their limited vocabulary. that is asinine. or maybe we should make it a felony to utter words that some people don't like beause of the way they sound (not because of what they mean)

we could make you the dictator who heads up the effort...the only thing getting old here is your twisted logic

Cyclone said:
Meaning

To speak plainly - to describe something as it really is.

Origin

It pre-dates the slang use of the term spade (pejorative reference to race). it's been in use since at least since 300BC (origins in greek).

just because someone takes offense doesn't mean the person who sent the message was wrong. a while back a politician got slammed because he used the term niggardly...oh my god i can't believe he said that...people went nuts...they called for his head on a platter...all because the complainers had a limited vocabulary and they didn't know the meaning of the word.

Not the first time I've been beaten to a punch. Good post.

Cyclone said:
too bad because this politician's goal was to help the idiots who would want his head on a platter...only the people who took offense were too ignorant to see that he wasn't insulting them at all...they just don't understand english

i guess you think it's ok when you don't understand something that you get all riled up (even if it's because you don't know or understand) as long as you're getting angry at the people who aren't like you...it's their fault...they deserve their head on a platter because they should have known that some stupid uneducated moron would take offense because of their limited vocabulary. that is asinine. or maybe we should make it a felony to utter words that some people don't like beause of the way they sound (not because of what they mean)

we could make you the dictator who heads up the effort...the only thing getting old here is your twisted logic

Once again, making excuses instead of taking responsibilites for ones actions.
You just keep throwing out anger. I believe if your a politician or anyone for that matter and you make a mistake that you should own up to it and take responsibility for your hiccup. As a politician you must speak for the masses, just cause you went to Yale, don't assume that all will understand your vocabulary.

Funny how you were the champion of the so called "stupid uneducated moron" in your earlier posts. Like the politician, you should watch what you say because people might take it the wrong way.

I think this debate has been beaten to a pulp anyway. Agree to disagree?

i am lumping idiots all together so that makes me a bad guy?

i am saying this: people who don't know what words mean and then get irritated because they think the word means something else are morons. i didn't say they were anything else. i don't categorize them in any other way...didn't attach it to race or religion or anything else in any of my posts. if you infer something else is there that is your problem. i am saying i don't like stupid people. if the shoe fits...oh well

i agree and we should have an OSP

organization of stupid pilots (we accept all races and genders) but we give hiring preference to our dumbest members

lufthansa B727 said:
Why don't we have:

"Organization of White Pilot's without College Degree's?" and

"Organization of White Pilot's with College Degree's?"

We do, AKA ALPA, APA, AOPA, etc.

Who was the first Black Airline Pilot

Spooky 1 said:
I was in Detroit last month and talking to a few of the guys that were in attendance at the convention. I asked this question of them, and now you, who was the first black airline pilot in the US? I was suprised that they were unable to answer this question correctly, so I guess some white guy had to teach a little black history. Good fun and seemed like a great bunch of guys. So who was the first black airline pilot?

If no other further post have answered it yet, the first Black pilot to be hired by a U.S. major carrier was Marlon Green with Continental Airlines in 1963.

ImRickJames said:
Shouldn't Juvat be the one explaining what he meant. Some people don't know any better, because their parents never taught them to be aware of what comes out of their mouth. Sometimes it may come out wrong. I don't know if that is the fact here since Juvat has not explained himself.

I don't have to explain myself (or as you seem to infer, defend myself) to anyone, especially a punk like yourself. I've been reading your back-and-forth exchanges with others in this forum, and I must say your logic is weak and your arguments are watered down. I think the problem with you, if you don't mind me calling a spade a spade, is that you seem to have a stuck mike. You are always transmitting, but don't seem able to receive (or even comprehend) what others are saying. Pity.

Juvat said:
I don't have to explain myself (or as you seem to infer, defend myself) to anyone, especially a punk like yourself. I've been reading your back-and-forth exchanges with others in this forum, and I must say your logic is weak and your arguments are watered down. I think the problem with you, if you don't mind me calling a spade a spade, is that you seem to have a stuck mike. You are always transmitting, but don't seem able to receive (or even comprehend) what others are saying. Pity.

Wow, I guess you are taking off the gloves by calling me a punk. I will not stoop so low, I'll keep it civil since that is how two gentleman in a debate are supposed to be.

Don't assume you know what is best for this, as you put it, spade. True colors, I love it. There you go, don't hold back, let it out, its refreshing when you dont have to hold it all inside, isn't it. It is best when all can see the true you and you don't hide behind metaphors.

Its funny how "people like you" can not have a conversation without bringing race into it. I see many other posts from others and they just talk about aviation and worry about themselves, like they should, but you and your few cronies that seem to always filter into how injustices are being done unto you.

You can paint your world however you see fit but and I'll paint mine with my array of colors.

See what you've done, you forced me to put you on my "Do Not Fly List", I hate to have to do it but you've been given many warnings.

I'll say for the third time and you can go back and check my watered down posts to be sure this spade is not incorrect. I AGREE TO DISAGREE, GET IT, GOT IT, GOOD!!

So as not to confuse: Definition of "people like you"- Those who have entered this post crying about the injustices done upon them by the omnipotent OBAP, which has caused them irreparable harm to their career.

Latest resources

Back