• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Was Comair Not Sold?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair was not sold because Delta is going to release an announcement about merging Comair with mainline.

Is this sarcasm or something heard on the grapevine? Not too far flung from the reports I've heard from the recent DAL/DCI ALPA MEC get-togethers, though I thought Compass & Mesaba would've been in the 'grand staple,' too.

Is this sarcasm or something heard on the grapevine? Not too far flung from the reports I've heard from the recent DAL/DCI ALPA MEC get-togethers, though I thought Compass & Mesaba would've been in the 'grand staple,' too.

Pipe dream

Comair has always been first.....
First to fly all jets...
First to demand livable regional wages.....
First to be too costly compared to cheaper upstarts.....

The main issue is their is no barrier to new entrants in the regional market. You obtain some jets or borrow them from a mainline carrier, hire some cheap pilots (the cheaper the better so if you can offer flow through or free hotel makes compensation lower) and compete against established carriers.
I suppose the same happens at mainline but the timeline is much more drawn out.
Best of luck Comair,
Luv

Yup, I knew it was a matter of time before a regional pilot blames another regional pilot for a demise that has not even been realized yet. Too funny. Really. Your airline was the first. The first of many that caused this industry to change for the worst so don't even start.

Comair has always been first.....
First to fly all jets...
First to demand livable regional wages.....
First to be too costly compared to cheaper upstarts.....

The main issue is their is no barrier to new entrants in the regional market......

This. It's much easier to mock Comair than it is to admit that we as an industry simply failed to man up and build on what they accomplished.

That wasn't JC who caused the last 9 years...that was the sale and the systematic destruction of CVG and OH and 3rd rate mgt.

You were there with me I assume? I have a little different view of the MEC that forced the strike, and it's obviously not favorable. Of course, you are are talking the last nine years and I'm talking the three years prior to that where they could have had everything they wanted without the strike, but it is what it is and there is no sense of rehashing it now.

However, when somebody asks "Why was Comair not sold?" It's a direct result of what happened during he summer of 2001 and the continuing fallout ever since.

Latest resources

Back