• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Was Comair Not Sold?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to compass and Mesaba pilots today and their flow through are gone in 60 days so flow through had nothing to do with it... Just like Midatlantic with USairways.

Talked to compass and Mesaba pilots today and their flow through are gone in 60 days so flow through had nothing to do with it... Just like Midatlantic with USairways.

Not true... the agreement is to hash out something over the next 60. The flow through is not settled yet.

Do tell, what was that?

Well, let's see...

RJDC.

Way too much non-staple mainline merger talk.

Refusing to hire mainline furloughs.

First in DCI to take concessions for planes.

I didn't say I was peeved at them, but others still are.

Bugsmasher- that is the COOLEST avatar. Long live the Saab!

The bottom line is that the mainline carriers want LOW COSTS, even if that means someday possibly dumping a known quantity such as Comair who, incidentally, has set numerous high standards in the regional industry (I completely applaud them for that). But, there is no sentiment in business. If airline XYZ can fly CRJ-200s, -700s, and -900s for less than the next guy, they're positioned to gain more flying. It's that simple. Mainline doesn't give a jee whiz about what they're wages are, about how high turnover is, etc. Fly bigger and bigger planes with our paint and logo on it, do it forever more cheaply, and don't screw up. Nevermind that we'll never REALLY have a vested interest in you or your people. Good luck and good day. Did we mention that we can find someone else who'll do it for less in five seconds?

That's how upside down this is right now. I wish there was a simple fix to 'righting' this problem. Sucks Comair is in the position they're in after striking for so much good years ago.

Good luck to everyone!

-Snaab

. . . Either you are not making sense or you just described the regional industry perfectly.

Taaaa Daaaaa!!

. . . . . . . . .. . .

There is an upheaval on the way, and EVERYONE is vulnerable. So dance if you will, but remember that the grave on which you currently dance may soon be your own.

So you think the % of the profit that Delta gets from the contract carriers. What is it like %20 is more than what the wholly owned is making?

Comair was not sold because Delta is going to release an announcement about merging Comair with mainline.

Latest resources

Back