• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Was Comair Not Sold?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think so. I don't think they want the 50's around anymore. Skywest will probably acquire our aircraft 70/90s but not take the employees.

I'm not so sure I agree with that, although Comair employees certainly have a right to be cynical these days. For Delta (a profitable company trying to burnish their image among airlines) to shank the remainder of Comair's workforce for but a few million dollars that such a sale would bring would be a PR blunder. Not to mention the fact that a wholesale transfer of flying to one company (minus the crews) could possibly bring an expensive class-action age discrimination lawsuit.

At worst, Comair remains on the trajectory that they are on, losing a little here and there until not much is left. That would be the smart way to dismantle the company.

At best Delta keeps Comair around as a hedge and a bargaining pawn to use in negotiations with Skywest and Republic. I don't see Delta wanting to go 'all in' on any one strategy, at least for now.

I'm not so sure I agree with that, although Comair employees certainly have a right to be cynical these days. For Delta (a profitable company trying to burnish their image among airlines) to shank the remainder of Comair's workforce for but a few million dollars that such a sale would bring would be a PR blunder. Not to mention the fact that a wholesale transfer of flying to one company (minus the crews) could possibly bring an expensive class-action age discrimination lawsuit.

At worst, Comair remains on the trajectory that they are on, losing a little here and there until not much is left. That would be the smart way to dismantle the company.

At best Delta keeps Comair around as a hedge and a bargaining pawn to use in negotiations with Skywest and Republic. I don't see Delta wanting to go 'all in' on any one strategy, at least for now.

Dying a slow death is hard. I wish they'd just pull the plug instead of letting us linger, wondering every day what's going to happen.

Obviously this rumor must not be true. No announcement so far, nothing new on Epic. I love a good rumor though, gets the adrenaline going.

Latest resources

Back