Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if i lowball the new insurance costs and assuming a 30 year career heres some non scientific quick math.

Assuming two kids

$3600 in premiums
$13,300 in max out of pocket and coinsurance plus deductible
$1500 in misc non coveredf items and reduced or cancelled prescription coverages.

$18,400 per year x 30 years $552,000

While you are paying said premiums first $8800 in costs comes out of your pocket before 1 penny comes from blue. Not to worry i am sure all of our super duper well paid better than regional pilots can take an $8800 out of pocket hit in the first quarter of the year.

Subtract $552,000 from your math above

Now we all knows its bull$hit numbers because blue will be the first airline to just cancel coverage alltogether within the next few years. Then your costs will double

Welcome to jetblue !!!

Now I am sure you single 20 year olds that just think blue is awesome will never get sick, get marries, or have kids and even if you do it doesnt matter because its a long way away and you dont have to worry about it.

Then one day you wake up and say holy $hit where did my pill popping ex flight attendant, neighbor blowing skank wife, 2 car payments, 3 kids, and $2000 mortgage come from. Go have a kid and find out how much it costs to give birth..

Then you will realize that you cant meet your goals, have invested almost 2 decades of your life building a career and it is crap with the exception of rates that on the outside have a nice shiny candy coating shell.

Dont worry its just inmaturity, inexperience, and selfishness and its not an insult just your current subconscious reality. I was there once life was great even given mediocrity my glass was overflowing just like yours..

So if i lowball the new insurance costs and assuming a 30 year career heres some non scientific quick math.

Assuming two kids

$3600 in premiums
$13,300 in max out of pocket and coinsurance plus deductible
$1500 in misc non coveredf items and reduced or cancelled prescription coverages.

$18,400 per year x 30 years $552,000

While you are paying said premiums first $8800 in costs comes out of your pocket before 1 penny comes from blue. Not to worry i am sure all of our super duper well paid better than regional pilots can take an $8800 out of pocket hit in the first quarter of the year.

Subtract $552,000 from your math above

Now we all knows its bull$hit numbers because blue will be the first airline to just cancel coverage alltogether within the next few years. Then your costs will double

Welcome to jetblue !!!

Now I am sure you single 20 year olds that just think blue is awesome will never get sick, get marries, or have kids and even if you do it doesnt matter because its a long way away and you dont have to worry about it.

Then one day you wake up and say holy $hit where did my pill popping ex flight attendant, neighbor blowing skank wife, 2 car payments, 3 kids, and $2000 mortgage come from. Go have a kid and find out how much it costs to give birth..

Then you will realize that you cant meet your goals, have invested almost 2 decades of your life building a career and it is crap with the exception of rates that on the outside have a nice shiny candy coating shell.

Dont worry its just inmaturity, inexperience, and selfishness and its not an insult just your current subconscious reality. I was there once life was great even given mediocrity my glass was overflowing just like yours..

Here you captains go again making a$$es out of yourselves assuming crap. Your logic fails miserably for many reasons. Here is a big one:

Maxing out 13K of insurance costs every single year for 30 years??? Really? Are you stupid? I've been married (to the same woman, unlike most of you losers), for years, and I've never even come close. I was on Blue care plus last year and didn't even meet THAT deductable. I have kids. I know what it costs to give birth.

I suppose I would pop pills if I were married to you, too. I have 2 cars that are paid for. My mortgage on my 2400 sf house in a nice neighborhood on a golf course is $1500, but that is on a 15 year note. My house will be paid for in a little over a decade.

I guess I'm just smarter than you. Maybe you baby boomers should stop whining and learn to take care of yourselves.

Okay in less than 3000 days we will know if we add 4 deliveries in 2013.

What I have heard is that we will.

Last edited:
If someone in your family has a chronic health issue and lives that long, it could be very easy to do. Each year on Jan1 your JB insurance resets to zero as if you have never spent a cent. You start the spending all over again.

Latest resources

Back