• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why no bases at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, more than ever, is the time for collective representation for the crewmembers of Flexjet.

Agreed.

But the timing to be starting a union drive and the ensuing collective bargaining process is terrible. A good contract should have been put in place prior to the economic melt down. Hopefully once we come through this we will come together and get a good contract.

Agreed.

But the timing to be starting a union drive and the ensuing collective bargaining process is terrible. A good contract should have been put in place prior to the economic melt down. Hopefully once we come through this we will come together and get a good contract.

I highly doubt it will ever happen with this pilot group. Maybe in 5+ years down the road when all the older generation guys have left or are leaving. Sadly, this has to be one of the weakest pilot groups out there - and I guarentee you FG is licking his chops. Sad to see what he has created in such a short time. Zebras don't loose their stripes - the just seek out another golden parachute.

It's unfortunate that many of our crewmembers don't understand the value of representation. Terms like, "No Furlough Clause" and "Force Majeur (sp)" are foreign to the majority. Representation would make the pilot group privy to company financials, dictating bargaining dynamics. Until we have this, we must hang on the word (for good or ill) of the powers that be, and history has shown how that will go. Pilots would understand that items like picking up overtime, is unacceptable while the current threats loom. The list goes on and on. We are being played.

Not only that I've heard that some guys out there want to continue to get their 17 day lines at the cost of the less senior folks. Doesn't seem to be much cohesion or brother-hood out there.

Hopfully I'm wrong and things will work out for the best.

Obama will turn it around. :beer:

Not only that I've heard that some guys out there want to continue to get their 17 day lines at the cost of the less senior folks. Doesn't seem to be much cohesion or brother-hood out there.

Hopfully I'm wrong and things will work out for the best.

Obama will turn it around. :beer:

You are probably referring to this one tool that he is just a selfish idiot and thinks that he deserves to pick and choose how many days he wants to work because his time in the company. In a way he may be right, but he is just not been a team player like everyone else.

Seniority is a good thing and if worse comes to worse then let the junior guys go. But don't ask for extra days and put others on the street because you're unwilling to give up NFL Sunday gameday for a few months for example. You can change your spending in the short run to accomadate other peoples jobs; I'm prepared to do so and I hope others are as well.

Being unemployed right now scares me because I to stupid to learn another skill. ;)

you all had a chance to fix this with a union but everyone got bought by a $15000 pay raise and crawled back into their hole!
I said it once before here it is again!( see quote) Also why are people just volunteering to give things up when they have not even begun to fulough! People are on the bluebelly just playing into the game, it's sickening! It's amazing how you guys just want to give everything back on a possiblity! We are 10 million below budget and still making lots of money!!!! Come on guys have some integrity and self respect! I am completely for helping out our own WHEN the time comes but please don't just start selling me and yourself short by giving consessions when there is no reason for it yet!

Pro, I'm with you! Don't borrow sorrow. We are not even close to a crisis yet. I watch the presentation last night and all I heard was a guy hedging his bets. Some people panic way to soon.

I agree with you guys. We do not need to be talking about giving up anything. It sounded to me like the numbers he came up with are HIS best guess. Not sure how we went from being financially healthy to this situation in a month. I believe it would have been more productive to tell us to keep doing what we do and do our best to watch our expenses on the road. (which most of us already do) They really didnt need to broadcast the video in my opinon. But my opinon isnt worth much:)

Latest resources

Back