Why I hate MESA!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Machdog1

Just wanted to start a new thread about an airline that everybody seems to hate. So if you have a problem with MESA, if they screwed you some how or if you just want to let people know what the cancer of the regional airline industry is doing, post it here. Have fun!!!!!
P.S.
I hate MESA!!!!

LOL, are you for real? Let me ask you dog, is it the management, business model, or operation you hate? Or is it the hourly "regular joe" people here that you can't stand? An important distinction, to be sure....

To be honest with you, I've always found the rank-and-file Mesa guys and gals to be among the most polite and helpful I've come across. None of us know who voted for the agreement they took, and it's awfully stupid to jump one individual's case because he *may* have voted for an agreement many of us disagree with, or because he voted no and happens to work for a company with people who did vote for it.

I hate the fact that your airline and its pay is what they call "industry standard", in a time when we are trying to make alittle head way in our pay, your contract takes a huge step back for the rest of us!! I hate the fact that United gives you flying because you are the "cheapest", and my company can't compete because our pay scale is no where near yours!! I hate the fact that our industry is heading down this road. Who out of your company you want to blame that on is up to you. Keep on flying those larger A/C for pennies!! Looks like the rest of us at ACA will be on the street anyways. Maybe I will go work at MESA or Wendy's, I wonder who pays more?

I hate the fact that United gives you flying because you are the "cheapest", and my company can't compete because our pay scale is no where near yours!!
Welcome to America. It's called a Free market economy. Did you think we live in Russia??

I hate the fact that your airline and its pay is what they call "industry standard", in a time when we are trying to make alittle head way in our pay, your contract takes a huge step back for the rest of us!!
Do you work here? Did you know that the new contract has increases in just about every section? Which airline do you work for? Did you know we are just on our SECOND contract? Forget not that MESA organized in 1996.

Keep on flying those larger A/C for pennies!!

Our pay is about 6-10% below yours, hardly "pennies"....Plus we get 70 hours per bid as a guarantee, there are 13 bids in a year.
Maybe I will go work at MESA or Wendy's, I wonder who pays more?
With an attitude towards us you could NEVER get hired here. So, that should make your choice easier.

Like I said, which airline do you work for???

"Maybe I will go work at MESA or Wendy's, I wonder who pays more?"

dog, why would you even mention mesa as POSSIBLE employment if you hate them SO much. even if its in a sarcastic tone. your hypocritical attitude sure wont help your so called argument.

Don't worry I would never work for your company, it was a joke. I work at ACA and a lot of us here don't have nice things to say about your company!!!! Speaking how it is thats all!!

Mach doggie dog!!!!

I hear ya and feel the pain, we all do. The sad reality to this whole thing is this. The regional jet has change the way the industry leader think. This new line of thinking is that they can get an RJ to do 737 runs for about 70% less and while the RJ200 lacks capacity the 700 & 900 do not. While main line is giving up guppie routes and RJ's filling them for a fraction of the cost which in turns equates to less pay for the RJ pilot who now flys a run that used to pay quite well. The real bottom line is this, we should all get ready for this to be the final level in most of our careers, there will be NO MAJOR AIRLINE JOBS for many many years. What was once considered a stepping stone is now a career final!!!! This is where the mesa bashing started, this may well be a final step in manys career and with this type of compensation many can't afford to stay, so all the freedom and alter ego whatever mesa had the ball and because this was only a "Stepping stone job and not a career" they decided to take the low wages and force other companies to follow suite only to find that mesa may in fact be their career airline!!!!!

Sad reality huh??

WD.

Latest resources

Back