• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why go to ERAU??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you talking about me, or are you describing yourself????

Hey, at least I know my degree costs $100,000 less than yours did. What's the old saying "...a fool and his money are easily parted..."

CLR2LAN said:
Do you find it hard to hold intelligent conversation? When things don’t seem to be going your way, or the other doesn't see your point of view, you resort to personal attacks? Gives some insight as to how miserable you must really being your mundane life.

Maybe you should take your own advice...

You can get hired with an Aero-Sci degree that's totally true, however it's easier to get a higher paying job with another degree. Also The university I went to was 1/10th the price of ERAU. I'm was still paying for my 1 semester at ERAU years after my entire time at another college was totally paid off. ERAU was a great school to go to when you could get a job with the majors making a huge amount of money. Now you will have 30 yrs of debt from college stacked onto the debt accumulated from spending 10 yrs at a regional. If you like falling behind on your peers aviation is the job for you.

YourPilotFriend said:
You can get hired with an Aero-Sci degree that's totally true, however it's easier to get a higher paying job with another degree. Also The university I went to was 1/10th the price of ERAU. I'm was still paying for my 1 semester at ERAU years after my entire time at another college was totally paid off. ERAU was a great school to go to when you could get a job with the majors making a huge amount of money. Now you will have 30 yrs of debt from college stacked onto the debt accumulated from spending 10 yrs at a regional. If you like falling behind on your peers aviation is the job for you.

Well said, Riddle definitely isn't the deal of the century

I went to school here:

http://www.eocc.edu/ozark/index.htm

I got my private on weekends while I was there. Graduated with my A&P license, got a job, then worked on my commercial S/MEL Inst when I had the money. When I left school my total debt was $1500.00 and it took me about 4 months to pay my father back for it.

I'll never work for FedEx because I don't have a bachelors. I can live with that. Turning wrenches again is my backup plan.

I would have loved to have gone to ERAU. Heck, I woulda loved even more to have gone to the University of Alabama, but I didn't have the money. There is more than one way to skin a cat people. You don't have to spend the cost of a house to get a decent job in this industry. I worked my way to where I am, but I'm sure not going to poormouth anyone from ERAU. I'd love to be able to send my son there when the time comes.

I agree that going to a four year school and diversifying your education is a good thing. If airlines do not care about your major, then one would be a fool not to have a back-up plan. And I plan on doing just that. But having just put someone through school, it is not uncommon for grads to have debt loads of +100k. Accounting is a hot job market now, so is engineering. But graduating from a good school, so that you can get the high dollar job, is an expensive proposition. I am going to school for business at a local university. I live in GA so I should get the HOPE scholarship. But I will still be responsible for the first year and that will amount to over 12k. Just seems to me that no matter which way you go, if you want to be a pilot, it is going to be expensive. And that, to me, seems just like most professions.

Just my $0.02

How do you get girls to go flying with you??? I need to learn this trick

siucavflight said:
How do you get girls to go flying with you??? I need to learn this trick

Me to, I dont remember learning that trick from riddle. I must have been sleeping that class.

Imperium said:
I agree that going to a four year school and diversifying your education is a good thing. If airlines do not care about your major, then one would be a fool not to have a back-up plan. And I plan on doing just that. But having just put someone through school, it is not uncommon for grads to have debt loads of +100k. Accounting is a hot job market now, so is engineering. But graduating from a good school, so that you can get the high dollar job, is an expensive proposition. I am going to school for business at a local university. I live in GA so I should get the HOPE scholarship. But I will still be responsible for the first year and that will amount to over 12k. Just seems to me that no matter which way you go, if you want to be a pilot, it is going to be expensive. And that, to me, seems just like most professions.

Just my $0.02

I don't know where you guys are getting this $100k+ stuff from... Private colleges, sure. But a public school in a state you are a resident of is very reasonable. Lots of people (including myself) paid for every dime of their bachelor's degree and have nowhere near that debt load you speak of. BTW, it was a mech eng degree in '01. I think I pay about $160/mo in student loans with 3% interest.

Latest resources

Back