Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dime line said:
This was taken off of another board, This is our Management

Management responded, “This is not a career position.” I was momentarily stunned, but recovered and asked, “Why not?”

Mgmt: “We believe that many pilots’ goal is to move on to companies like Fedex or UPS.”

.”

I am sure the owners would love to hear that Mgt. feels that Flight Options is a place where pilots go to get jet experience for other jobs.
That should be on the company web site and not that we are the best paid in the industry.

jetwash said:
I am sure the owners would love to hear that Mgt. feels that Flight Options is a place where pilots go to get jet experience for other jobs.
That should be on the company web site and not that we are the best paid in the industry.

And you don't think most of the NJA pilots would jump at WN or FedEx if offered a job? How many come from WN to NJA?

The response Dime Line got is a good representation of just how little our management understands what is going on, sure most Pilots would leave any of the Fractionals for any of the Airlines listed, but management " simply didn't expect this many Pilots to leave this quickly ".
It hasn't exactly crept up on them, for two years now they haven't even been hiring enough Pilots to keep up with attrition and I can't see how they didn't notice something like that.

dime line said:
This was taken off of another board, This is our Management

"attended a meeting with a representative from management at my recurrent a few months ago & asked, “How does management feel about so many pilots leaving Flight Options.”

Management responded, “This is not a career position.” I was momentarily stunned, but recovered and asked, “Why not?”

Mgmt: “We believe that many pilots’ goal is to move on to companies like Fedex or UPS.”

True, it is a goal of many pilots but a reality for only a select few. VERY FEW.

Many of us at NJA have given up the asperation of chasing con trails anymore in aour careers. After only 15 years in the biz I, for example, have 6 uniforms in my closet (not counting NJA). I have had my share of indoc.

I and many other pilots decided to take our futures back and make a place to stay. From what I see anyway, many of the airlines have embarked on self-terminating cycles of canablism (both corporate and Unionism) for the last 25+ years. Even those who thought they were impenetrable are now standing on thin, cracking ice.

Do you want to be 50 and starting over... again?

My point is this. If you are driven to chase those contrails and fly the 10 for FredEx then by God go do it! If you are a bit tired of getting fitted for a new uniform and learning to fly the same airplane a whole different way again then there is a mountain of potential in this sector of the industry.

It won't be tapped by standing on the sidelines.

Players wanted.

come to NJA

DOH! The only one I knew personally was a SouthWest 14 yr pilot who had to leave at age 60. He needed the dough so he came to NJA ( after being turned down by NJI). Stayed here 2 yrs and got transfered to NJI.

Anyone leaving those two entites, to come here, would most likely be from retirement at age 60...

Just Peachy said:
DOH! The only one I knew personally was a SouthWest 14 yr pilot who had to leave at age 60. He needed the dough so he came to NJA ( after being turned down by NJI). Stayed here 2 yrs and got transfered to NJI.

Anyone leaving those two entites, to come here, would most likely be from retirement at age 60...

Hahhaa. I did not say that the SWA guys coming over weren't retirees. I will say though that one given a job offer is weighing the pros and cons of going to a place like SWA. Sure SWA is cool and has a strong balance sheet. I'm sure it's great to work there.

Will it last to your retirement? That is the question.

Count me as an NJA guy that would NEVER go to LUV or FedEx. Great companies though. My issue is with commuting. I will never, ever, not in a million years, ever commute again.

Latest resources

Back