Why Fares Remain Low...ABC News article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canyonblue said:
The point was, believe it or not there are many people in this country who never buy a Starbuck's or go to a Bears/White Sox game. Those same people have to try and save money to get on a plane. What in the heck do you think the guy at Taco Bell is pulling in?

Remember, those are also somebodies Mother, Aunt, Daughter, Brother etc. Any of those idiots, morons look familiar?

I bet the guy at Taco Bell is pulling in more than me right now.

Awwww, the sensitive side of canyonblue......somebody's moronic mother, idiot daughter, stupid brother.....he he ;)

Southwest has to keep prices low because the quality of the product is low. I will pay $100 to $200 more to avoid Southwest; the only time I have to fly on them is if I make a short notice trip and need an unrestricted ticket. And even then I regret it.

Southwest has to keep prices low because the quality of the product is low. I will pay $100 to $200 more to avoid Southwest; the only time I have to fly on them is if I make a short notice trip and need an unrestricted ticket. And even then I regret it.

Yeah you will pay 100 - 200 bucks of your employers' money.... not yours. What kind of product are you getting thesedays from airlines that have cut everything out?

I flew on NWA a few weeks ago and they could'nt get drinks out to everyone on a 45 minute flight. Our girls would have done a second round in that time.

To sum it all up...SWA is kicking everybody in the tail...as long as they continue to solve the formula, they will continue to make money. In due time the other carriers might catch up, or SWA might have to start raising prices but what sets SWA apart is that they will still find a new way to make money. They have a remarkable management...and a remarkable culture. As long as that continues, no one will stop them. No one has for the last 30 years. They key to all of this is the culture at SWA. I even venture to say that the day SWA has to take concessions (if ever), you will see most employees rally around the idea and it won't be a problem. I know all of this and I don't even work there.

flyhigh2610 said:
I even venture to say that the day SWA has to take concessions (if ever), you will see most employees rally around the idea and it won't be a problem. I know all of this and I don't even work there.

You seem to know a lot about a place you don't work at.

I think a pay cut would be hard to get at SWA.

Capt1124 said:

Well, the term HYPOCRITE just jumps out at ya, don't it.. Wear it proudly my friend, wear it proudly.

FlyBoeingJets said:
You seem to know a lot about a place you don't work at.

I think a pay cut would be hard to get at SWA.

Well...SWA is the new business model...and it works. When something really works it captures my attention. Not only that...I was always told if you really want to work somewhere you have to understand their culture. I am working on that...and I honestly believe that anything SWA does has been thought out and analyzed. I do agree...SWA probably won't ask for pay cuts, but if they ever do, believe me it will be as a last resort...and I bet they come up with a real clever way to do it. Thats the difference between SWA and EVERYONE else. Jetblue is trying to copy that culture, but they seem to be drifting from it. America West copied SWA...and then drifted...and then came CH11. You guys at SWA do have something special...it amazes me no one else in the industry after 30 years bothers to copy it and embrace it.

Latest resources

Back