• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why don't Delta pilots stop the merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that it really matters, but does anyone out in the DAL/NWA system, (other than the freaking general) have a clue as to what would happen to the guys/gals that bypassed recall should this "thing" make it to single carrier status? Oh well.... I guess all in time eeehhh????

Last edited:
2. Why don't the pilots just say that they do not want to merge?

3. I have written my senators to tell them that I do not think a merger between Delta and Northwest is in the best interest of (me) the American consumer. Has anyone else that is not in favor of the merger written their congressmen?

American consumers? If American consumers are of such interest then consider a career lobbying for the entities on the internet that sale tickets at revenue losing prices.

When the merger goes through the result may be the largest most profitable airline in the world. I imagine it will be bad at first for the most junior guys because of the high number of route over laps in existence. But, the new Delta/NW will have more control over ticket pricing than ever before and this will be good for the airline industry as a whole.

I would guess that they will be given their original rights under their respective PWA. I do not think that they would be put under any pilot that was hired in 07 or 08. I would be surprised if DAL would do that.
I would guess that they would be offered recall as before or, a one time shot at a yes or no, then they would be taken off the list. Both companies are hiring after all.
On another note, it looks like they may be getting really close. On Friday DAL files with the SEC an 8K to change the pension and benefits of their managers. I am sure that this was so that they would keep them if the synergies got to them.

Not that it really matters, but does anyone out in the DAL/NWA system, (other than the freaking general) have a clue as to what would happen to the guys/gals that bypassed recall should this "thing" make it to single carrier status? Oh well.... I guess all in time eeehhh????
You aren't actually thinking about going back, are you?

So, is the night-flying starting to get to you? Just joking...

The Delta pilots won't stop the merger because I think a lot of them know they need it. Several Delta pilots will probably puff out their chests and tell me what a great airline Delta is and that they don't need anyone. I agree Delta is a great airline, one of the best. It doesn't change the fact this industry is f#$%ed up. Unless we reregulate, consolidation is the only fix I can see that will work.

The Delta pilots won't stop the merger because I think a lot of them know they need it. Several Delta pilots will probably puff out their chests and tell me what a great airline Delta is and that they don't need anyone. I agree Delta is a great airline, one of the best. It doesn't change the fact this industry is f#$%ed up. Unless we reregulate, consolidation is the only fix I can see that will work.

And how will consolidation fix anything? 120% of any capacity removed will be re-added by LCC's and new entrants.

Maybe Hillary, Obama, or McCain will bring back regulation and solve all everyone's problems?

McCain's idea of regulation is forcing labor to accept management's offer. Just look at that one sided farse baseball arbitration BS he tried to ram down our throats. He's still better than either of the other two commies, especially Billary who was the first president to PEB a pilot group in 60 years, but he's no friend of aviation. I doubt Obama has thought much about the aviation sector thus far so he's a wildcard for us, but probably just like the rest.

I doubt Obama has thought much about the aviation sector thus far so he's a wildcard for us, but probably just like the rest.
Obama is hard-core pro-labor. If you care about your career, vote Obama.

Latest resources

Back