Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why does Mesa use the "Airshuttle" call sign?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like Secret Squirrel's answer best!

"TSA use waterski" becasue they first started out doing runs up the Lake of the Ozarks. Their identifier is LOF, Lodge Of the Four seasons. Waterski becasue the lake.

Sorry guys, I physically cringe when I hear that call sign, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard - the worst one in the business. I feel for you having to say that all the time.

AirShuttle though, hmm . . . at Okie State there was a pizza delivery chain called Pizza Shuttle, we tended to call it Pizza Sh!ttle. You connect the dots, although the flights I've jumpseated on them lately don't deserve that moniker at all.

Mesa uses Air Shuttle because it keeps people from clogging the freqency saying "sucks" every time they say Mesa!:D

Sorry guys, I physically cringe when I hear that call sign, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard - the worst one in the business. I feel for you having to say that all the time.

AirShuttle though, hmm . . . at Okie State there was a pizza delivery chain called Pizza Shuttle, we tended to call it Pizza Sh!ttle. You connect the dots, although the flights I've jumpseated on them lately don't deserve that moniker at all.

Sorry you feel that way. Personally I always thought it was one of the best things about TSA, second only to the pilot group.:beer:

The call sign is unique and has a little history behind it. Not a bad choice, in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back