Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why can't we call 'em stewardesses anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm starting a rebellion. From now on, I refuse to use the term "flight attendant."

I believe they were referred to as "overpaid vending machines" by a NWA VP not too long ago.

P.S. This may or may not be my own personal view of the "cabin crews", bla bla bla, disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer, ect.

Last edited:
I'm starting a rebellion. From now on, I refuse to use the term "flight attendant."

I don't think the male flight att....er....galley.....er....aisle do....er.....whatever are gonna appreciate being called stewardesses, although there are a lot of "S"es in that name.

*See disclaimer from previous poster*

Last edited:

I think the new term came to being once the FAA made them required crewmembers. Now they have to do more than serve drinks. They have FAA liabilities like you and I do. And I think if you had to work back there with the public (BLAH!) as much as they do, Mr. 1000 hours, you'd appreciate a little respect too.

wanderlust,
the last i was in the left seat of a beech, you were the Biatch!!! go figure.

actually the term steward i have been told comes from a nautical origin. there was a ship's steward who saw to all of the BS. flight attendent is misleading. they actually don't attend to anything to do with the flight.
crewmember seems to be the most accurate

how about girt bar remover/installler?

I don't think the male flight att....er....galley.....er....aisle do....er.....whatever are gonna appreciate being called stewardesses, although there are a lot of "S"es in that name.

*See disclaimer from previous poster*

It's the longest word in the english language that is only typed left handed. Most useless knowlege fact of the day. Your welcome.

My two cents: Major airline FAs are overpaid no matter what you call them.

There is a diffence between a stewardess and a flight attendant. A Flight attendant is someone that is married and wants to see the world and a stewardess is trying to find a pilot to screw around with....you choose!!!

So I suppose, "Cart Donkey" is also a little inappropriate?

Latest resources

Back