Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why can't we call 'em stewardesses anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is quite disheartening. What's sad is how much an FA does beyond normal ops, AND WITHOUT THINKING TWICE ABOUT IT!!; and this GARBAGE is what they come home from their trip to read?......Who remembers customs forms for the whole crew, fetches your garbage bags, saves you the "good" bottled water from the galley, saves you the Maxims and Mens Health found on board(I believe Ive passed on a Playboy or two also); stows all your hats, coats, etc, etc, as you board with the pax..??
I just shake my head and realize what a crap hole and crap job this airline industry is....when this is what my fellow pilots say about me?

This thread is quite disheartening. What's sad is how much an FA does beyond normal ops, AND WITHOUT THINKING TWICE ABOUT IT!!; and this GARBAGE is what they come home from their trip to read?......Who remembers customs forms for the whole crew, fetches your garbage bags, saves you the "good" bottled water from the galley, saves you the Maxims and Mens Health found on board(I believe Ive passed on a Playboy or two also); stows all your hats, coats, etc, etc, as you board with the pax..??
I just shake my head and realize what a crap hole and crap job this airline industry is....when this is what my fellow pilots say about me?

Don't take it personally Susie....you should hear what we say to each other while flying!!!:D Anyhow I have never had any problems with any F/A's over the years....except that one that showed up at my door at 2 am in a nightie!:pimp:

I do have doubts that you are a real F/A though......so far in 3 airlines I have never had or seen an F/A do all the above mentioned items that you listed!!

Who are you and what did you do with the real F/A??:mad: :D

I'm starting a rebellion. From now on, I refuse to use the term "flight attendant."

Calling them Stewardesses would be an insult to the real Stewardesses of old... Now days the mental drudge of mean, ugly women associated with the word Flight Attendant fits them perfectly...

If you have an education and/or other skills, why do you stay?

Fugawe

If you have an education and/or other skills, why do you stay?

Fugawe
I am currently back in school for that very reason! Unfortunately I, like many others, have invested a few years and finally got a great schedule. However it's not worth it anymore and no amount of money would make me stay in this industry. I also remember when Pilots were a professional and respectable bunch, which probably is still true at the majors but certainly not at the regionals.....and this thread proves it.

Don't take it personally Susie....you should hear what we say to each other while flying!!!:D Anyhow I have never had any problems with any F/A's over the years....except that one that showed up at my door at 2 am in a nightie!:pimp:

I do have doubts that you are a real F/A though......so far in 3 airlines I have never had or seen an F/A do all the above mentioned items that you listed!!

Who are you and what did you do with the real F/A??:mad: :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA
.....of coarse Im a real FA...who else would know that pilots dont get their own trash bags?....
Anyway, thanx for not bashing us too....

I think DAL refers to them as "Inflight Customer Service Coordinators"

Latest resources

Back