Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why can't we call 'em stewardesses anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've always been partial to them being called "Cat Ranchers". For when the older ones start whipping out pics of bobby and mittens their kittys :)

Air France FA calls "Retreat!"

Really a quick thinking Air France FA decided to call for a retreat rather than an evacuation......one way to get a plane load of drunken frogs to run fast...

NOW THAT'S FRIGGIN' FUNNY!!! LMFAO!!!

I think the new term came to being once the FAA made them required crewmembers. Now they have to do more than serve drinks. They have FAA liabilities like you and I do. And I think if you had to work back there with the public (BLAH!) as much as they do, Mr. 1000 hours, you'd appreciate a little respect too.

I don't see how the term stewardess is disrespectful. It's not like you call them "coffee biatch". Regardless of what the title is, the job is still the same.

Disclaimer: Contrary to some people's beliefs, I do not dislike flight attendants, stewardesses, etc. If you take and do your job seriously, I will respect you....if you are a gold digging hussy just looking for a pilot to take care of you and I can't count on you in an emergency, then I don't respect you.

I believe they were referred to as "overpaid vending machines" by a NWA VP not too long ago.

Hmmmm, I wonder what we should call the VP?

Golden parachute worse than a scab screw everyone else self enricher sounds good to me

well damn, here i was hoping to be original....sky mattress is a variation on air mattress, which is my favorite. at least when i was still single.

the whole stewardess,steward thing reminds me of a very old lady flying on my plane years ago, who tried to get my attention by yelling out 'boy stewardess! oh boy stewardess!'. of course i wanted to turn around and say - 'yes, old lady passenger, how may i help you?' but my proper upbringing prevented that. that and pay day.

PlanetK

I've always been partial to them being called "Cat Ranchers". For when the older ones start whipping out pics of bobby and mittens their kittys :)

Now that's some funny and true crap!

Stupid thread, but what the heck....my 2 cents.........

FA job has evolved into a necessary evil. Very expensive since they've made a flying waitress job now a 'career' position at airlines -- it was never intended to be such. Airlines keep them around until they die. Huge medical ins expenses (large number of gays really drive this up), pensions, above average pay for what they actually do.

Yeah, they're trained for emergencies, but really they're waiters and waitresses with bad attitudes. Qualifications for the job are a heartbeat and ability to fake a smile.

Most I see could care less about the job and success of the airline, and view the flight they're supposed to work as an annoyance as they fly from layover to layover.

Jets can get from pt A to pt B just fine w/o FAs. The FAA has mandated we have them, and pax now expect the piss poor service FAs give. A necessary evil.

Fugawe

Latest resources

Back