Why Can't I Pft Like The Rich Kids Do??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
moxiepilot said:
You're right, I just forgot to elaborate a litte (sorry I'm just getting up)

61.159 (a) (4): 250 hours as PIC or as SIC performing the duties of PIC (flying the leg) while under the supervision of a PIC.

But it does substantiate that you doon't need your ATP requirements when hired, because you will be able to build to that point (as you are getting paid rather than paying for it).

I don't think the feds will buy off on that when they check the good ole logbook on the ATP/Type ride.

FWIW ( I havent even got my first flying job yet but) Da Vinci you could go to a place like Ari-Ben and throw down $7500 for 100 hours of multi (and I *believe* its all PIC too). Then all you would have to do is instruct for about a year and you'll have ~1000 TT and 100 + multi- with those times you would be within mins at Xjet, ASA, Mesaba, Skywest?, to name some.

$7500 vs. $33000 spent...

I met a bunch of Gulfstream pilots back when I was a ramper and for the most part they were nice people to be with so IF you do end up there at least it seems like you would be flying with friendly people.

Moxie,
SIC performing the duties of PIC, while supervised by a PIC would be like if you had a restricted type rating and you act as captain, while a qualified captain supervises.

Captain IOE would be the same thing, but you have to have the 250PIC to get the ATP cert in the first place.

if youre content on PFT just buy the time and build it on your own, take a x-c to your fav vacation spot in a twin or go cloud hunting in a 172. Anywho best of luck to you and fill me in on what you decide, im curious as to how it all works out.

again i appretiate the feedback...and i'm learning a TON!! seriously guys, lady's, i have not made up my mind. if anything, i've made up my mind not to at this time. i'm definitiely NOT going to gulfstream. i was seriously thinking about air cargo carrier pay for training...12,000. but the more i research i find they are sort of hiring at 500 anyway. i'm possibly the cheapest person you'll ever meet, so i'd rather keep the cash in the bank. the only reason i'd consider it after my cfi is that if i was earning 5 hrs a weeks of pic and can't find another job...i don't see that happening. i'm looking for insurance. i guess that's the most simple way to explain what is in my head. believe me, i'm not memorizing the FOI's for fun!!! and the FAA location i have to test at brags of an 80% failure rate. I'M SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING MY CFI!!!

i heard there are schools with DE's that basically teach you the CFI check ride. my understanding is if you get a cfi from one of those schools it's hard to get a cfi job anywhere. of course...what do i know about this industry. every day i hear or learn something new!!!

Don't stress so much my man. There easily may be some places that you couldn't get a job, having obtained such a CFI.... But those would all be ruled by wanna be dork pilots who have to make themselves feel better by ridiculing others.

It has far more to do with the CFI, than the place that person got it.

Dan

Da Vinci said:
also, is there 'good pft' versus 'bad pft'? and is it true atlanta has an 80% fail rate for CFI's?????

If not more...

MJPilot said:
The instrument is all dual???

I strongly believe that only 25 hours of DUAL is needed towards the 40 required.

But most students don't use the safety pilot and/or simulator. And most students NEED 40 hours of dual to be proficient.

Latest resources

Back