Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Can't Expressjet Reserves Get Consistent Golden Days Off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess it is just a coincidence that you got hired at ASA the same time as YP. I guess it is just a coincidence that you left for Atlas the same time as YP. I guess it is just a coincidence that you commuted out of Florida like YP did. Lots of coincidences.
Beginning and ending dates way off. And why don't you worry more about the problems with your union reps than about trying to out me.
Typical union misdirection, don't acknowledge the truth of what is said and try to say I'm a disgruntled person that's been kicked out. So sad.

Last edited:
Beginning and ending dates way off. And why don't you worry more about the problems with your union reps than about trying to out me.
Typical union misdirection, don't acknowledge the truth of what is said and try to say I'm a disgruntled person that's been kicked out. So sad.

I feel your pain....:laugh: I'm very familiar with that misdirection...first hand experience. Tell me, why did you participate in that misdirection when it was directed at me?

Back to your point, I agree that it is issues that matter...

Retro pay?????? They made it VERY clear several years ago that it wasn't true retro pay. It was a signing bonus.

Retro pay to the last day?!?!? Give me a break......good thing that didn't happen, as that would have dumped 1800 pilots on the streets with the collapse of the economy. You may be completely jobless, and unable to find work, but hey- you got an extra 20k to put in your pocket. At least that 20K would have paid to get your currency back up in order to find another job............................4 years later!

Retro pay?????? They made it VERY clear several years ago that it wasn't true retro pay. It was a signing bonus.

Retro pay to the last day?!?!? Give me a break......good thing that didn't happen, as that would have dumped 1800 pilots on the streets with the collapse of the economy. You may be completely jobless, and unable to find work, but hey- you got an extra 20k to put in your pocket. At least that 20K would have paid to get your currency back up in order to find another job............................4 years later!

I guess it's all a matter of your subjective frame of reference then...

Had you been hired in the early years of negotiations, you would have seen that both the bumper stickers and the logical argument for "retro pay" were a common theme of alpa and commonly understood by the pilot group.

The "logic" was that a company should not be able to delay a new contract and benefit from paying the wages of the old contract during the negotiations. The pay they agree to should be retroactive to prevent future incentive to delay an agreement.

I think it became clear at some point that both alpa negotiating committee and company didn't really want to get the negotiation done quickly, but we get what we get.

As for 100 percent retro pay bankrupting the company had we received that, that is not the point. What the MEC did was negotiate based upon the total retro pay owed the pilot group (due to the loss of wage that the new guys and the cr2 pilots had for 5 years) and once they received $14 Million dollars, they distributed it in a method that rewarded seniority/seat ($23k for senior 70 seat guys) and only $300 for a new 13 month FO, despite the FO being owed infinitely more than the senior 70 seat captain. In order to accomplish their task, they realized that their old terminology needed to be stopped immediately, so they killed "retro pay" and started calling it a "signing bonus".

The MEC simply pulled a good old Bait Negotiate and Switch tactic.

More like a car pile up on the highway or a train wreck.

Please, for the benefit of everybody. Provide the FACTS of what went on? This is gonna be good.

If I wasn't there, neither were you, then let the facts come from that "actual" sources.

I don't have a good answer for that. What the mec did was wrong and the junior people, many of whom probably struggled to take care of their families on $19/hr, were stabbed in the back whether they know it or not.

However, I'm not one to contend that a law or contract simply being voted in makes it right. In this case, I believe that the MEC deviously coerced the process on the backs of >1/2 of their pilot group to benefit the senior, which is why I am not surprised in the least when I hear of additional issues of character that they are being accused of.

And half the MEC are FO Reps correct?

Like "muscling" the junior guy off the NC that was ACTUALLY concerned with working together to get things done? Is that some of the character issues you speak of?

Sir you really need to get a life. Your as bad as Jerry Springer OR McPrickle.

Can you support your statement with any first hand knowledge, or is this hearsay?

Just pick up the phone and call both the person removed and the head of the committee. There is always 3 sides to a story not 2.

Exactly, retro pay to the last day, that's hilarious. Following that lead ATL would be a 80% Skywest hub today. You guys need to learn when to be militant and when to play ball. Majority of FI'ers just want to go Fight Club on the company and or union all day every day. You may be big and bad but you know what? Jerry is that scrawny little kid at the bar you thought you could take but turns out to be a UFC fighter. Lights out.

The best pay and QOL increase XJT crewmembers can get at this point in the industry is not thru a new contract but through growth. You guys maybe sensing dejuvu here in a few months IF Skywest Inc gets awarded/purchases PNCL's 16 900s. Continuing to be militant and chest thumping may result in a Skywest base reopening in ATL. Those of you whining about reserve rules will still be on reserve for several more years as Skywest upgrades and hires continually. Keep stepping over dollars looking for pennies...

Latest resources

Back