Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the 1700+ trannies pilots not recalling their status reps?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 guys are smarter than 1700? I dunno, I think trannies at the very least deserved to put their future in their own hands. F9 did then same thing and look where they are. Whether I was a yes or a no vote, I would want the opportunity to vote, to decide my own future. ALPA will never get it, it is a different world here but the paranoia and jadedness from ALPA will never see it. I hope that if/when trannies show up you guys don't spread that cancer here......

FWIW, the latest from SWA is that Gary really is extremely pissed off over this. Not sure if that means he is going to his room to smoke and color or if he is really to go deal some 717's, but a guy I know at the GO says he has never seen him this PO'ed before.

I agree with GL, that Wall St will drive Mr Kelly's decisions, combining two groups of polarized pilots and thereby ruining the LUV at SWA will not go over well with the Stockholders, myself included...I realize that operating AAI separately is a low probability event but it is extremely high risk...

This will turn into another colossal FAIL on ALPA's part.

No skin in the game here, but I think everyone's forgetting that we pilots aren't the center of the universe. A good deal for the company is a good deal for shareholders. If the deal made sense, they're not going to stop it because of one work group who feels entitled. I personally wish good things for both sides of the argument. We don't need another polarized unhappy pilot group in the industry.

No skin in the game here, but I think everyone's forgetting that we pilots aren't the center of the universe. A good deal for the company is a good deal for shareholders. If the deal made sense, they're not going to stop it because of one work group who feels entitled. I personally wish good things for both sides of the argument. We don't need another polarized unhappy pilot group in the industry.

All very true.

There is a process agreement that was signed by all four parties. We need to follow the process we have all agreed to, and to do it like the professional pilots we are. Other work groups will be watching.

FWIW, the latest from SWA is that Gary really is extremely pissed off over this. Not sure if that means he is going to his room to smoke and color or if he is really to go deal some 717's, but a guy I know at the GO says he has never seen him this PO'ed before.

Of course he is pissed. Now he has to work on a new plan to get this thing to work. In spite of all the threats on here I believe GK is an honorable man. He is not going to screw over 1700 of his employees (yes we are SWA employees) who never even got a say in the future of their hard earned careers. This will probably get quite contentious but in the end it will get worked out somehow. I really wish I had gotten a chance to vote!

You're correct in that we're not the only groups that have to integrate. The other powerful unions, the FA's and the mechs, have been waiting and watching. As we go, so will they. IMHO, that's why GK pushed for a quick agreement between us. He thought we would be the easy ones and everyone would follow. From my interactions with FA's and mechs yesterday, they are far more PO'd about the whole thing than the pilots are. If we go militant, I know they will.

This is not how I wanted this to all go down and I wish no ill-will on anybody. I have friends at AT. I only see 3 possible outcomes, now...

1. Ugly for SWA pilots
2. Ugly for AT pilots
3. GK breaks out his wallet and makes us both "whole" so an agreement can be reached (I see this possibility as remote)

Our group will now fight to the death to try to stop #1. #3 is unlikely. #2 is NOT what I wished for but dang...I just don't see how I can hope for anything else. It's not personal at all. But I gotta protect my family.

shootr

Last edited:

I don't know, this CEO is a top-notch professional and I'm sure he's disappointed because he wants this done but I'm also sure they looked at all the angles prior to doing this deal and they knew coming in that seniority arbitration between several unions was the likely outcome.

I wouldn't blame him for being upset that so much valuable time and effort was wasted for nothing. There was no need for all of this drama and it's unfortunate that they went public with the announcement of a TA that later got rejected without ever getting to a membership vote, it doesn't look good. These things are never easy but the AT union should have been clear on what minimum standards they needed to see in a TA to send it to the membership BEFORE they allowed a deal to be reached; this was just bad form that made things harder than they needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back