Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the 1700+ trannies pilots not recalling their status reps?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman1

Why are the 1700+ trannies pilots not recalling their status reps? I mean serious…they appoint a clueless MEC chairmen…negotiate an industry failing contract…put together a supposedly all-star merger committee, allows them to operate autonomously…followed by the shocked reaction to the negotiated SLI…then the ALPA representatives decides to gamble the future of 1700+ pilots by shooting the deal down. COME ON MAN!!! Have you not learn from both the past and the history of this union. ALPA has been known to lie and misleads pilots down a very dark road. The bottom line is that ALPA leads to failure. They failed the pilots at Continental. They failed the pilots at Eastern Airlines. They failed the pilots at TWA. They failed the pilots at USAir. They failed the pilots at United. They failed the pilots at Delta. Do you want to be next?

lol

Yeah man 1700 of us thought this deal was awesome but the 7 LEC reps did not agree with us.

What planet are you from birdman?

I wonder how the pilots of SWA view of their BOD (Swapa) may change, should arbitration not work out in their favor?

Interesting times.

S

Is there any requirement that it get sent to the membership? Or does the MEC vote stop all proceedings?

Why are the 1700+ trannies pilots not recalling their status reps? I mean serious…they appoint a clueless MEC chairmen…negotiate an industry failing contract…put together a supposedly all-star merger committee, allows them to operate autonomously…followed by the shocked reaction to the negotiated SLI…then the ALPA representatives decides to gamble the future of 1700+ pilots by shooting the deal down. COME ON MAN!!! Have you not learn from both the past and the history of this union. ALPA has been known to lie and misleads pilots down a very dark road. The bottom line is that ALPA leads to failure. They failed the pilots at Continental. They failed the pilots at Eastern Airlines. They failed the pilots at TWA. They failed the pilots at USAir. They failed the pilots at United. They failed the pilots at Delta. Do you want to be next?

I will admit that this would have been a whole lot easier if the MEC had reviewed the proposal before it was a TA and rejected it then. If there were minimum standards that this deal apparently didn't meet it would have been good if the merger committee had known about those requirements prior to entering into discussions and completing a TA. There was a severe lapse in communication somewhere within the AT union command structure that resulted in this unfortunate drama.

Having said that, I also believe that it was a mistake for SW managment to get involved in a seniority list integration that should have been between the unions. If they really wanted to get involved to "grease the skids" and help a deal along they should have waited until deep into mediation when hopefully the process had had more time to bear fruit. I know (at least I think) they meant well and were trying to help but their arrival at the table created the appearance of "2-against-1" and may have put unnecessary pressure on the AT negotiators and created some misunderstandings. I think SW management made an (unintentional) error in judgement by trying to rush the process before it had a chance to work. The most movement in any negotiation usually happens at the very end of the process and the closer the two sides were allowed to get to arbitration without interference from management the more likely it was that a more creative deal would have been reached. Let's not blame the AT guys for everything.

This wasn't a failure of ALPA as much as it was a failure of the union at a local level. One thing that can be good or bad about ALPA depending on the actors involved is that ALPA gives the groups at each carrier a high degree of autonomy. Sometimes this works if you have the right pilots involved in leadership and a reasonable pilot group but often it doesn't.

We'll see how good SWAPA is someday when they get tested with a management team/CEO that's not as benevolent as the excellent leaders who have run SW in the past. Just remember that SW is only one bad CEO away from going from a great place to work to a lousy place to work. All it takes is a few bad quarters, a low stock price and some activist shareholders to get a Frank Lorenzo style guy into the corner office. It's a thin line between LUV and hate.

tranny season!

lol

Yeah man 1700 of us thought this deal was awesome but the 7 LEC reps did not agree with us.

What planet are you from birdman?

If the deal was so bad then it would have failed but we will never know because they wouldn't let us vote.

There was a thread on here about SWAPA being a joke. I can tell you from my experience they are far from it. Man I want them on my side. GK too!

There was a thread on here about SWAPA being a joke. I can tell you from my experience they are far from it. Man I want them on my side. GK too!

Hopefully your MEC didn't blow that chance for you today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back