• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why am I hearing.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You seem to be more in the loop of things. I'm a little confused since the email said it was an increase of flying due to more demand then originally thought by Delta.

The term "demand" could also mean that the subcontractor is "demanding" that the contract that the parties signed be honored.

Seems like someones from your company likes to start this rumor about twice a year since we were forced into BK. Please don't saqy hang in there we can read the gloating. Starting to get sick of ASA pilots attitudes.

So are a large number of ASA pilots too!

Earlier someone stated that all the Lexington crash lawsuits have been resolved. I flew with a Lexington native last week that stated there is still one lawsuit left. A spouse did not settle and is going for the jugular. Civil suit to follow. Any truth to this?

There is still one open case against Comair. It's going to a jury trial in December. No ASA mechanic has looked at any Comair 700/900 aircraft. Only Comair a/c they're looking at is either what they got in the last RFP or from the seat they're sitting in while nonreving!
Gotta love mechanic rumors and how fas tthey spread! Almost as fast as chief pilot/training department rumors!:laugh:

Seems like someones from your company likes to start this rumor about twice a year since we were forced into BK. Please don't saqy hang in there we can read the gloating. Starting to get sick of ASA pilots attitudes.

ASA pilots are the shiznit now since they got their awesome contract. Everyone else is pond scum to them.

Gotta love, ALPA pilots taking other ALPA pilots flying. Glad ALPA is part of the whipsaw train, allowing other pilots to undercut other pilots.

OK. I'm probably about the last person to have any idea about what Delta plans to do with Comair.

However, Comair was ramping up to hire 300 new pilots 16 months ago. The brakes were suddenly applied and the furloughs announced at the same time that Mesa won the injunction to prevent Delta from canceling Mesa's contract. Coincidence? I don't think so.

We all know that Comair doesn't take a pi$$ without Delta's permission. Someone told the recruiting department to start hiring a buttload of pilots based on some word from Delta.

In June of 2008, delta had many options for regional lift. They chose Comair for a reason. They also halted Comair for a reason. That reason is because it is easier to reduce flying for Comair than any of the other contractors.

At this time, more than ever, it all comes down to performance and cost.

COST: Comair was always getting beat up on the cost issue because they have a more senior workforce and therefore more pilots near the top of the pay scale. I wonder if the current stagnation at all regionals will result in a higher longevity level for other regional tha Comair competes against. Could level the playing field for Comair costwise.

PERFORMANCE: I don't know how Comair compares right now but if I was there I would want to be turning out some good performance numbers.

just my $0.02 worth.

Latest resources

Back