• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's parking what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, this is the best business plan I've ever heard of. Park your money makers. These CEOs are rediculous.

Other than Southwest, most airlines "money makers" are actually money losers so getting rid of a few of the highest cost ones is actually a good thing.

Why are you a pilot if you are so good with business plans anyway?

If it wasn't for AWA, USAirways would've parked the remaining 266 jets at Mojave along with the 140 or so that were already there on Oct 1, 2005!

You're Welcome!!

AND......if it wasn't for the 125 million from East Shore Aviation a.k.a. Air Wisconsin, the West boys and girls would have parked there airplanes and everyone would be out of a job! No one company was the saving grace and be certain that the pilots of any group had nothing to do with anything, like always!

Hey, Siuox. You seem to think the world operates in a vacuum.
If Airways would have liquidated the extra 260 or so jets that would have been parked would have improved the revenue enviroment for every other airline.
Now of course SWA would have snagged a few 737's, and maybe a couple of other carriers, but most of those aircraft would have been leased overseas.

And remember one important thing. AWA was not in bankruptcy TWICE in TWO F&cking years. GET IT!

I have never ever said AWA saved USairways. For the record.......

Hey, Siuox. You seem to think the world operates in a vacuum.
If Airways would have liquidated the extra 260 or so jets that would have been parked would have improved the revenue enviroment for every other airline.
Now of course SWA would have snagged a few 737's, and maybe a couple of other carriers, but most of those aircraft would have been leased overseas.

And remember one important thing. AWA was not in bankruptcy TWICE in TWO F&cking years. GET IT!

I have never ever said AWA saved USairways. For the record.......
I thought you said in your previous post that if it wasn't for AWA, US Airways would have parked their remaining 260 airplanes. That sounds like AWA saved US Airways, but maybe I am not reading it correctly. Either way, we are all one company now and whether 3 years ago or 5 years from now, none of us had a whole lot of control of which company we merged with. I don't know how much you can blame the East pilots for their company's financial woes, but you could blame the mgmt instead. I think we should all be looking at the mgmt instead of each other to point fingers at. I don't think the East wanted the West and vise versa, but now we must all get along and learn how to share and color nicely. It is much like Kindergarten all over again!

I thought you said in your previous post that if it wasn't for AWA, US Airways would have parked their remaining 260 airplanes. That sounds like AWA saved US Airways, but maybe I am not reading it correctly. Either way, we are all one company now and whether 3 years ago or 5 years from now, none of us had a whole lot of control of which company we merged with. I don't know how much you can blame the East pilots for their company's financial woes, but you could blame the mgmt instead. I think we should all be looking at the mgmt instead of each other to point fingers at. I don't think the East wanted the West and vise versa, but now we must all get along and learn how to share and color nicely. It is much like Kindergarten all over again!

Ok, show me where I said anywhere that AWA saved UsAirways... Show ME...... Please.

Again, I never blamed any financial issue on the AAA pilots. Show me where I did. Never happened. Regardless, has no relevance. You stated that AWA would be parking airplanes in the desert as well. Maybe so. But we were not at the time of the merger.

As so many here have tried to be soothsayers. No one has a crystal ball. An intelligent person works off of facts, not speculation. Who knows where both carriers might have been six months past the day of the merger. Irrelevant.

AWA was not in bankruptcy at the time of the merger. Fact.

AAA was in bankruptcy and was not going to garner the financial resources to merge with someone. Bankrupt businesses don't have that luxury. What was AAA's stock price the day prior to the merger?

Flame me, tell me I am wrong... Please.

Last edited:
Ok, show me where I said anywhere that AWA saved UsAirways... Show ME...... Please.

Again, I never blamed any financial issue on the AAA pilots. Show me where I did. Never happened. Regardless, has no relevance. You stated that AWA would be parking airplanes in the desert as well. Maybe so. But we were not at the time of the merger.

As so many here have tried to be soothsayers. No one has a crystal ball. An intelligent person works off of facts, not speculation. Who knows where both carriers might have been six months past the day of the merger. Irrelevant.

AWA was not in bankruptcy at the time of the merger. Fact.

AAA was in bankruptcy and was not going to garner the financial resources to merge with someone. Bankrupt businesses don't have that luxury. What was AAA's stock price the day prior to the merger?

Flame me, tell me I am wrong... Please.

Soulfly- I am not trying to start an arguement over who said what. I thought I read in your first post something about how if it wasn't for AWA, US Airways would have parked their remaining 266 airplanes at Mojave. It sounded like AWA saved US Airways. Sounds like you are claiming AWA somehow singlehandedly saved US Airways from liquidation. It was not only AWA, but East Shore Aviation and other investors that made the merger possible. By no means was it solely AWA. I am not going to try to "FLAME" you, but I just want to make sure the whole picture was painted. If we are all ONE company let's make sure everyone knows what really happened. In regards to financial situations before mergers, they don't matter because that was years ago. What matters, is NOW and how Doug is going to keep us in business. Hope to continue our talks in regards to our company staying profitable.

Siouxhockeyfan

Predictions are that someone will park all there planes before year end if fuel keeps skyrocketing.

Why did I choose aviation again?

we will always have fluctuations with fuel prices as long as there is instability in economic or world conditions or needs.

the trick is to construct a model that is variable with all economic models. hint; do not look at the U.S. auto makers for advice or help. good luck, Mr., you are going to need it.

Other than Southwest, most airlines "money makers" are actually money losers so getting rid of a few of the highest cost ones is actually a good thing.

Why are you a pilot if you are so good with business plans anyway?

It seems you know the in's and out's of the business world better than I. I would ask you the same question you asked me. My point was that fares should increase to cover costs (as it has been said time and time again.) Or better yet, let's just shut the whole f*cker down. Let's park every god forsaken plane. That way you can't lose or win. Who gives a sh*t anymore. Maybe the people can then appreciate flying again after they've droned along Interstate 40 with the kids kicking and screaming for 3 days while watching Barney over and over on their porta-dvd player all the while footing a 3-4 dollar a gallon gas bill. People will pay for convenience if you give them a chance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back