• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's parking what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA is parking some DC9s but that was announced back in January. I guess it all depends on the mergers.

Heyas SP,

Sure, but the NB floor goes into effect April 6th. They can play with the numbers a smidge, but can only park 3 more than announced until they start parking BIG RJs.

The rumor floating around is that because the Compass fleet is capped (and may even be reduced), and they can't IPO or sell it (due to scope restrictions), the E-175s are going to be brought onto the mainline. It's just not worth running a whole airline with just 36 airplanes (or less).

Nu

JB selling 9 320s. Still taking 12 320s and I think, 12 190s.

As far as the 190s...it's about 6 per yr right now and I think they increase later...all options are still there and hard deliveries...just delayed for a bit.

Heyas SP,

Sure, but the NB floor goes into effect April 6th. They can play with the numbers a smidge, but can only park 3 more than announced until they start parking BIG RJs.

The rumor floating around is that because the Compass fleet is capped (and may even be reduced), and they can't IPO or sell it (due to scope restrictions), the E-175s are going to be brought onto the mainline. It's just not worth running a whole airline with just 36 airplanes (or less).

Nu

Nu-
The narrow body floor part obviously is HUGE!

The "rumor" may be true, but I believe there's a greater chance the E-175's get rolled into Mesaba. I'm not a scope expert, but I don't think this would be prohibited by scope being they're both wholly owned. I would think the jets could be operated cheaper at Mesaba than at mainline. The company/unions would have a lot of fun merging those lists. Who knows what will happen.

Schwanker

Nu-
The narrow body floor part obviously is HUGE!

The "rumor" may be true, but I believe there's a greater chance the E-175's get rolled into Mesaba. I'm not a scope expert, but I don't think this would be prohibited by scope being they're both wholly owned. I would think the jets could be operated cheaper at Mesaba than at mainline. The company/unions would have a lot of fun merging those lists. Who knows what will happen.

Schwanker

Heyas Schwank,

The scope limits Mesaba to 36. They can't transfer them willy nilly to get around it, but I suppose they can always try.

Nu

When NWA merges they will renegotiate scope and the senior guys will throw the junior guys under the plane.

Heyas SP,

Sure, but the NB floor goes into effect April 6th. They can play with the numbers a smidge, but can only park 3 more than announced until they start parking BIG RJs. I know and that is a great thing!!

The rumor floating around is that because the Compass fleet is capped (and may even be reduced), and they can't IPO or sell it (due to scope restrictions), the E-175s are going to be brought onto the mainline. It's just not worth running a whole airline with just 36 airplanes (or less). I have heard that rumor as well. I guess we will see.
Nu

SP .

If it wasn't for AWA, USAirways would've parked the remaining 266 jets at Mojave along with the 140 or so that were already there on Oct 1, 2005!

You're Welcome!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back