• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's looking for DX work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like the Amtrak act applies only to ground transportation employees (truckers), etc.

That's not correct. It applies to everyone in the transportation industry i.e. maritime, rail, aviation, busses, truckers, etc. who are required to travel for work across state lines. (There are provisions in the act for dispatchers.)

I have a friend who operates a tug boat that utilizes it, another who runs a trucking business, etc.

The husband of the accountant who does my taxes has worked in the rail industry all his life and she knows that tax law, inside, upside down and backwards. She handles all our tax claims for our department and we have been able to utilize it using: FAR 121.463 (2)(c)

I was just curious to see if anyone else uses it? Beuhler?

The deductions will still be made from your payroll. You have to file exempt each year to get it back.

I know some of the DX'ers from Mesaba live in WI and work in MN....do any of them use it?

Dont forget about Airport Ops lots of hiring now

Dispatchers,

Don't forget about airport ops if u are looking for a job

ORD,DFW,RDU,DCA are all hiring and the qualifications are not that bad.

The deductions will still be made from your payroll. You have to file exempt each year to get it back.

I know some of the DX'ers from Mesaba live in WI and work in MN....do any of them use it?

I don't know for sure if this is still in effect, but MN and WI used to have an agreement where if you lived in WI you only paid WI state taxes. I heard a while back that this may have been discontinued due to WI failure to pay monies owed MN in a timely fashion.

Latest resources

Back