Who's looking for DX work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AMND1

This seems like the most competitive market in years. I heard XE had a big response from their openings, I wonder if 9E is even reaping the benefits of the masses looking for a paycheck.

Are you looking for DX work? What's your experience? Where do you prefer to end up?

[First post - thanks for having me!]

Been looking for 6 months now and yes it is very competitive. Have 10 years experience looking more in the corporate side of aviation now as that is where the better pay is. Still would go to a airline if it is the right ones. Now 4 other dispatchers that are looking too.

Yup, looking here as well. Only one "corporate" flight group I'm eyeballing though....

Hey F9, what's the skinny on another batch for Elray Borge's house?

Now if AirTran would just call....

If you don't mind, where did you dispatch?

Welp... for the newbs fresh out of school... 9E is hiring again.

From what I heard they're actually pretty competitive now. And as long as you chose the right area, Memphis is a renters dream.

Hmmmmmm

Welp... for the newbs fresh out of school... 9E is hiring again.

From what I heard they're actually pretty competitive now. And as long as you chose the right area, Memphis is a renters dream.

Hmmmmmm
I heard living right across the border in Mississippi is the key to even cheaper living. Not sure of the quality of the area though.

I heard living right across the border in Mississippi is the key to even cheaper living. Not sure of the quality of the area though.

I'm wondering if there are other dispatch groups who live across state lines from their employer? If so, do you utilize the Amtrak Act tax rules? If you live and work in two different states, as dispatchers, and the fact that Fed regs require us to travel to other states as part of our job, you meet some tax exemptions set forth in the above act.

Just a little tax tip! :D

Looks like the Amtrak act applies only to ground transportation employees (truckers), etc.

http://vlex.com/vid/sec-definitions-19259645

Furthermore, in a case which is more on point, the Oregon tax court held that a Line Check Airman, whose job only requires occasional and irregular trips on an aircraft (like us doing our line observations), is ineligible for the benefits of the act. He's a non-flying manager first, a pilot second.

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/TCMD970730.htm

Dont get me excited! For a sec there I thought I would have to file 1040Xs for a bunch of years!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back