• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
America West.

Bye Bye--General Lee

jetexas said:
..at DFW?
I know this may be an old topic by now. It is interesting who will be taking over the 21 or so gates over in Terminal E that Delta will be leaving. Supposedly, the DFW airport authority has been in discussions with an 'un-named LCC' about coming into DFW.
SWA is trying to get rid of the Wright Amendment but they say they are not interested in coming into DFW. They'd rather stage out of Love. In my opinion, if not SWA, then it must be JetBlue or Airtran that may be poised to move into DFW in force?
I find it hard to believe that with AMR 'right there', they'd just sit back and let an LCC move into DFW without pressing hard for those gates.

Everybody else!

AWA has no money

roughneck said:
Southwest isn't going to DFW because we don't have too. We are going to get the wright ammendment repealed and fly nonstop from DAL.

Them boys are smart. I am sure glad they are on my team.
Will SWA get the Wright Amendment repealed? I think it's up in the air. SWA is hedging their bets. DFW gates may still be available after a failed attempt at repeal. SWA has probably already decided the gates aren't worth it right now. If SWA gets the gates and Chicago, Philly, or other places pop up we would be looking at excess gates to occupy.

One thing for sure, the fares out of DFW will come down some in '05. There are easier places to look for pax and revenue. History shows SWA is not interested unless they are sure of the result.

Last edited:
If SWA was to ask for DFW gates I would expect Airtran to announce a press release with reasons why SWA shouldn't get them.

Waaaaaaah! Waaaaaaah!

You know, SWA used to hire only top-notch individuals.

Since they've gotten so much bigger, it seems that a few turds have gotten into the punch bowl.

Ty,

You know I think the PR battle between airlines is funny, right??? I'm just joking.

I hope you didn't take it personally. I would enjoy buying you a drink after I get back to doing the airline gig.

Cheers,

FBJ

FlyBoeingJets said:
Ty,

You know I think the PR battle between airlines is funny, right??? I'm just joking.

I hope you didn't take it personally. I would enjoy buying you a drink after I get back to doing the airline gig.

Cheers,

FBJ

I didn't realize you were furloughed. I took your comments to be serious, and from a SWA guy. Sorry.

Mmmmmmmm- beer!:D

Ty,

I'm a mobilized C-130 reservist. Not furloughed. I will be going back to SWA after my mobilization.

Latest resources

Back