Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetexas

..at DFW?
I know this may be an old topic by now. It is interesting who will be taking over the 21 or so gates over in Terminal E that Delta will be leaving. Supposedly, the DFW airport authority has been in discussions with an 'un-named LCC' about coming into DFW.
SWA is trying to get rid of the Wright Amendment but they say they are not interested in coming into DFW. They'd rather stage out of Love. In my opinion, if not SWA, then it must be JetBlue or Airtran that may be poised to move into DFW in force?
I find it hard to believe that with AMR 'right there', they'd just sit back and let an LCC move into DFW without pressing hard for those gates.

Last edited:
I personally don't think it will be JBlU. They tried that move in ATL and got spanked and if they went to DFW American would give them a real hard spanking. American would match or lower their fares on all their routes just to make a point.

I remember reading that AMR was going to be using some of those gates when they become vacant, but I'm not sure about all the rest. There's going to be a lot of space to fill at DFW with the new terminal that is being constructed. Who is going to move in over there??

"I personally don't think it will be JBlU. They tried that move in ATL and got spanked and if they went to DFW American would give them a real hard spanking."

....would AA spank them as hard as JBLU spanked AA in Long Beach? AA liked it so much they are also getting it in San Juan. AA must like it rough...

Atlanta was definetly a learning experience... but we did not remain there to lose money and maintain market share. This experience was applied to the opening in BOS. The start-up there did not include only one city pairing like ATL did (to LGB), it included 5 (BOS to MCO, TPA, LGB, OAK, DEN, and now FLL and RSW). We're holding our own there. AA is poised to fight hard in DFW and ORD after their drawdown in STL. It would be quite the challenge for anyone to take them on at either of those venues. I think we're going to leave DFW for Airtran (they've already got rights to 7 gates there).

Southwest isn't going to DFW because we don't have too. We are going to get the wright ammendment repealed and fly nonstop from DAL. We also are going to have the ability to sell "SWA" tickets and fly nonstop out of DFW without having to spend a dime out their if our bid for ATA's assests at Midway is approved and we enter into a limited code share agreement as proposed.

Them boys are smart. I am sure glad they are on my team.

BTW, American will probably try to pickup the slack at DFW as is scales down at other desinations.

Several regionals more than likely:

Northwest just announced non-stop jet service utilizing Pinnacle's CRJs to DFW as additional service between heavier-loaded banks, supposed to start in March if I remember the press release correctly.
I could probably think of a few others who would appreciate the gate space...

XJET has also announced new service into DFW. Starting late December, XJET will operate CLE-GUC-DFW and already operates IAH-DFW. The possiblity of more city pairs will become aparent now that the contract has been finalized. XJET is also starting service from LAX-MTJ, LAX-BJX, LAX-MLM, and LAX-AGU. Look for more in/out of LAX and the same at DFW.

My guess would be that AA and AirTran will go hard after these routes that will no longer be flown by DAL adding more regionals into the mix as well.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back