• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who'll be the first to furlough again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
??? I'm not exactly splitting atoms on my days off but replacing diesel 9's with bigger diesel 9's doesn't exactly make good long term thinking in this fuel environment. At least they aren't outsourced 50-70 seaters.

My guess would be there is quite a difference in fuel efficiency between motors on the -9 and the -90.

USAir Mesa West division- first to furlough because their routes suck- all low end flip flop crowds!

No it will be the US East because they will open satellite bases in PHL, DCA and CLT for west crews and drive the number of eligible voters on a contract down to the point where NIC is voted in by a "west/sane east alliance" majority. Once the 1st contract is ratified USAPA can go back and play irrelevant big union boss with themselves.

Didn't Bob Barker always sign off with the reminder to spay and neuter your pretend unions?

??? I'm not exactly splitting atoms on my days off but replacing diesel 9's with bigger diesel 9's doesn't exactly make good long term thinking in this fuel environment. At least they aren't outsourced 50-70 seaters.

The MD-90's (160 seats) have the same V2500 engine as JB's A320s and the airframe is paid for. In fact the cost of 3 of those planes equals 1 new 737. Tough to beat those numbers.....

US Air East, also known as Republic East.
Just ask any 19 year E190 f/o, who spent more time on furlough than on the property.
So St. Nic? How about it?:laugh:
Now run along and tell the mods again that someone is badmouthing your airline.:crying::crying:

Hahaha!! You do come up with some good stuff, on occasion. :beer:

Ok, I bought fuel 2 nights ago for $3.29-- today I can't find it for under $3.49--- a 20 cent jump in just 2 days, incredible!!! Three weeks ago it was under $3.00/gallon... And the stock market climbs 200+ points today, what gives? The last crash was led by the increase in fuel costs... After today, I think I'm parking my 401K...

Ok, I bought fuel 2 nights ago for $3.29-- today I can't find it for under $3.49--- a 20 cent jump in just 2 days, incredible!!! Three weeks ago it was under $3.00/gallon... And the stock market climbs 200+ points today, what gives? The last crash was led by the increase in fuel costs... After today, I think I'm parking my 401K...

Cheapest gas in the Aloha state today was over $3.70 a gallon, up about $0.05 cents every night. I believe it will hit over $4 before there is any kind of reversal. I guess the best that can happen is a little stability to the Middle East.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back